ADIF export with gridsquare

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
KA4CDN
Old Man

ADIF export with gridsquare

Post by KA4CDN »

How do I export an ADIF that contains the station's grid square info?

Somehow in the past I've done it because I find *.adi files that contain this info (it is mark with <GRIDSQUARE:6>). I find examples in my \TmpLoTW folder for example.

What I really want is KML data that I can plot in Google maps or other mapping software. I know I've done this in the past. I have Google maps I can view right now from prior contests I've logged with Log4OM but for the life of me I can't remember how I did it. Please help.

Thanks,
Mike / KA4CDN
KA4CDN
Old Man

Re: ADIF export with gridsquare

Post by KA4CDN »

Maybe a hint ...
If I display Grid Square column in Recent QSO (F8), all the grid square data is blank. When I open a database for which I have a ADIF with gridsquare data, that column contains Grid Square entries.

It looks like maybe I switched to QRZ.com for my external source? If I change to HamQTH and Update a QSO, the grid square is /sometimes but not always/ populated. Is there a way to, in mass, update QSOs to get the grid square data populated?

Still - the goal - generate a KML file that can be used to import into mapping programs.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

If you dont have a paid for xml subscription to QRZ then QRZ will not provide the locator information.

HamQTH will only be able to provide the locator I the information is available

So as you will see from above you will not have every QSO updated with a locator anyway

You can do a mass update using the QSO archive manager which will gather as many locators are available with the provisos above.
73 Terry G4POP
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

Terry thank you for the good information. The QSO Archive Update info feature is WONDERFUL! Thank you and your team for such a wonderful program.
N9MS
Novice Class

Post by N9MS »

My website: QSOMAP.ORG will plot QSOs on a Google Map. There are several styles of maps go choose from. You can map directly from an ADIF file OR you can upload your ADIF file which gives you additional options. If Gridsquare is missing, it will do a lookup of the call sign on QRZ. If you upload an ADIF file, there is an option to download a KML file for Google Earth.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

N9MS wrote: 20 Oct 2019, 13:39 My website: QSOMAP.ORG will plot QSOs on a Google Map. There are several styles of maps go choose from. You can map directly from an ADIF file OR you can upload your ADIF file which gives you additional options. If Gridsquare is missing, it will do a lookup of the call sign on QRZ. If you upload an ADIF file, there is an option to download a KML file for Google Earth.
Log4OM plots the users QSO grid squares to Google Earth and include a clickable lookup
73 Terry G4POP
EA7CPX
New user

Post by EA7CPX »

como puedo ver en google earth los fichero kml con Log4om 2. ?????
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Not all functions are implemented in V2 yet. If you refer to V2 please use the V2 part
of the forum. We have also a spanish language part there ....

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.