Lost all settings!

iz6gvc
Advanced Class

Lost all settings!

Post by iz6gvc »

Hi to all!

Now I've updated from One V1 to a new V2 and before I've uninstalled the old V1.
Result is that all the settings are lost.

Please can anyone help me for resuming settings?

Thanks
73s, Camillo
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Lost all settings!

Post by KI5IO »

iz6gvc wrote: 23 May 2020, 18:49 Hi to all!

Now I've updated from One V1 to a new V2 and before I've uninstalled the old V1.
Result is that all the settings are lost.

Please can anyone help me for resuming settings?

Thanks
Camillo,

I'm trying to read between the lines in your message. I'm going to assume that you have already installed the new V2 of Log4OM and that your original Log4OM V1 is still installed and operating?

Hoping that is the situation I'm going to direct you to the User Guide and Quick Start Guide and the YouTube Videos that Terry has posted about installing and starting Log4OM V2. You need to "at least" read the Quick Start Guide and spend a few moments and watch the V2 YouTube installation videos.

Your configuration data in V1 does NOT automatically transfer to V2. It is a complete new program with database and you have to manually enter in your site's configuration. You cannot transfer such data from V1 to V2.

What you will do is export your QSO log to a level 3 ADIF file in V1 and save that file in a location you know where to find it. Once you have the V2 program installed and a new database configured you will then import that V1 ADIF exported file into V2 and all your QSOs will show up.

Here are some links to the Log4OM website where you can download the current User Guide, Quick Start Guide and also a link to Terry's YouTube Videos.

Be sure you read the FAQs in the V2 portion of this Forum to aid you keeping up with always changing updates to the the User Guide as well.

Log4OM V2 Downloads: https://www.log4om.com/download/

Log4OM V2 YouTube Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Ppcj ... yavI-azOug

Take some time to read (as I've noted) at least the Quick Start Guide and watch the new installation videos and you will then be able to do just fine.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You have not lost any settings and version 1 will function as normal and you can even run both versions at the same time
73 Terry G4POP
iz6gvc
Advanced Class

Post by iz6gvc »

Hello, thanks for the reply.

No, V1 was uninstalled from the PC before installing the V2.

Now on the PC only the V2 is installed.

Is there a possibility to resume the old configuration?

Tnx, Camillo
73s, Camillo
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

iz6gvc wrote: 23 May 2020, 21:13

Is there a possibility to resume the old configuration?

1. No you cannot use the version 1 configuration in Version 2

2, You cannot use the version 1 database in version 2

3, You must start over with version 2 and complete the configuration information and create a new database

4. When you have completed step 3 above you must import a ADIF (In ADIF 3 format) into Version 2
73 Terry G4POP
iz6gvc
Advanced Class

Post by iz6gvc »

Hi Terry, good morning,
my idea is try to resume the old V1, export the adif and after install V2 and import the adif.

My old log was saved on a SQL file.

Tnx
73s, Camillo
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

That´s the way, but in V1 use ADIF3 when exporting the ADIF. V2 can only work with V3 ADIF ... ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

iz6gvc wrote: 24 May 2020, 07:06 Hi Terry, good morning,
my idea is try to resume the old V1, export the adif and after install V2 and import the adif.

My old log was saved on a SQL file.

Tnx
Just reinstall version 1 and it should automatically find your settings and database

If on reinstall it does not find the settings and database then restore your latest backup config and ADIF file

As Jurgen said use an ADIF 3 export but Version 2 will also import version 2 ADIF files but the data will be incomplete due to the many changes to the ADIF specification
73 Terry G4POP
iz6gvc
Advanced Class

Post by iz6gvc »

Thanks to all, friends!
I'm lost the reason, I've forgotten all the rules to follow before one important upgrade! :oops:

Please can anyone explain me how I can import the backup and adi file?
I've find the folder with .SQLite file, _backup file and .adi file, all updated to last QSO before the Uupgrade to V2. :oops:

p.s.: now I've reinstalled old V1 and all QSO's are in place, work in progress... :arrow:

Tnx, Camillo
73s, Camillo
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

iz6gvc wrote: 24 May 2020, 08:31 p.s.: now I've reinstalled old V1 and all QSO's are in place, work in progress... :arrow:

Tnx, Camillo
So now File/export ADIF then select ADIF 3 from drop down menu and export
73 Terry G4POP