ARRL VUCC Award

Update and distribution of news relating to awards

Moderator: OE6CLD

N5FPW
New user

ARRL VUCC Award

Post by N5FPW »

I'm sorry if I missed this but I did not see the ARRL VUCC on the award list. Has anyone configured this award in their logbook that can provide some guidance now that the VHF/UHF e-skip season is open and I would like to track same? Also if there is no VUCC and again I didn't see it can the Log4OM team add it/

Thanks for the time and your help. This program is looking better by the moment as I set it up.

73 de Larry

Larry Van Horn, N5FPW
US Navy (Ret) ATC (AW)
Brasstown NC
K4QXX
New user

Re: ARRL VUCC Award

Post by K4QXX »

I was looking for this as well. I have been having to export my log into HRD logbook so I can check my grid squares. Would be really nice if Log4OM would add the VUCC award.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

K4QXX wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 13:57 I was looking for this as well. I have been having to export my log into HRD logbook so I can check my grid squares. Would be really nice if Log4OM would add the VUCC award.
You can add it yourself and share it with other users if you can obtain a list of the eligible grid locators
73 Terry G4POP
WR0H
Advanced Class

Post by WR0H »

I came across this thread while searching for the same information.

VUCC doesn't have "eligible" grids the way DXCC has eligible entities. It's a per-band award based on reaching milestones such as any 100 grids.

https://www.arrl.org/files/file/Awards% ... RULE1a.pdf

I hope I haven't misunderstood the discussion
G4POP wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 16:47
K4QXX wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 13:57 I was looking for this as well. I have been having to export my log into HRD logbook so I can check my grid squares. Would be really nice if Log4OM would add the VUCC award.
You can add it yourself and share it with other users if you can obtain a list of the eligible grid locators
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

WR0H wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 15:02 I came across this thread while searching for the same information.

VUCC doesn't have "eligible" grids the way DXCC has eligible entities. It's a per-band award based on reaching milestones such as any 100 grids.

Thought it was the same as fred Fish and the squares had to be in the USA so that makes it even easier for you to make the award if you dont require a grid list.
73 Terry G4POP
WR0H
Advanced Class

Post by WR0H »

G4POP wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 16:12
WR0H wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 15:02 I came across this thread while searching for the same information.

Thought it was the same as fred Fish and the squares had to be in the USA so that makes it even easier for you to make the award if you dont require a grid list.
I wish I found it easy, but unfortunately that isn't the case at all. I'm really having a problem transferring what I read in the Award Editor section of the manual into what I need. Reference codes and fields really have me against a wall.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Did you download the LATEST user guide which has a special section about awards written by our awards manager Claus?
73 Terry G4POP
WR0H
Advanced Class

Post by WR0H »

G4POP wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 20:20 Did you download the LATEST user guide which has a special section about awards written by our awards manager Claus?
I'm using the one dated 2/8/2020, where the Award Editor section begins on page 122. Page 127 is where I start going off the rails.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

If you dont have any luck ask Claus if he can assist you.
73 Terry G4POP
sp5qwb
New user

Post by sp5qwb »

I made a VUCC award definition file. The file is large (~310Mb) and I can't put it here. If anyone is interested, I will post a link to the file. Unfortunately, there is a bug in the application and the grid with the numbers 00, 01, 02, 03 to 09 is not visible and are not credited, which I wrote about in the previous post.

Bart sp5qwb