QSL sent = No from JTAlert

w9mdb
Old Man

Re: QSL sent = No from JTAlert

Post by w9mdb »

The left side.
Click the left side pulldown to a non-default and click the "Sent" box. Then click "Select required" -- the box turns back to the default so the pulldown is useless.

Mike
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

w9mdb wrote: 23 Jun 2020, 20:45 The left side.
Click the left side pulldown to a non-default and click the "Sent" box. Then click "Select required" -- the box turns back to the default so the pulldown is useless.

Mike
Apologies for the delayed response but family commitments sometimes intrude!

As you can see I am able to select from the left hand drop down menu also, the first image is at the point of menu selection and the second image is after having clicked on 'Select required' all is functioning as designed!

Incidentally if you check the box 'Sent' you would get the same result if you clicked on 'Search' - 'Select required' just sets the search filter in accordance with the choice made in the 'External services' menu below

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (239.56 KiB) Viewed 3088 times
Untitled 2.jpg
Untitled 2.jpg (221.36 KiB) Viewed 3088 times

That of course depends on the selection made in external services (See below) as explained in the user guide and YouTube tutorials!

Untitled 3.jpg
Untitled 3.jpg (144.68 KiB) Viewed 3088 times

Did you consider that you and your friend may have had a bad download and/or install, might be worth downloading a fresh installation and re-installing?
73 Terry G4POP
w9mdb
Old Man

Post by w9mdb »

It seems a fresh download and install-over-the-top did fix it.
Seems odd but I'll have my friend try it too.

Thanks Terry,

Mike
w9mdb
Old Man

Post by w9mdb »

Oops...let me correct that...still broken...
The pull down box on the left side is set to whatever the selection is in Confirmations when you click Select required. I could see setting the default when you pick LOTW as the Search Confirmation...but not when you click Select required.

And I'd like to see the selection in the Search confirmation "stick" as LOTW is the only one I use so the extra clicks to select it is slightly annoying.

So when the QSL manager is opened LOTW would be selected and the Sent set to the default. I could then override the Sent to whatever is needed. That seems very intuitive.

Mike
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

w9mdb wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 03:30 Oops...let me correct that...still broken...
The pull down box on the left side is set to whatever the selection is in Confirmations when you click Select required. I could see setting the default when you pick LOTW as the Search Confirmation...but not when you click Select required.
Clearly you still dont have the setting in the Program Config/External services/LOTW set correctly as in my screen shot in my last post
And I'd like to see the selection in the Search confirmation "stick" as LOTW is the only one I use so the extra clicks to select it is slightly annoying.

So when the QSL manager is opened LOTW would be selected and the Sent set to the default. I could then override the Sent to whatever is needed. That seems very intuitive.
This should be in our feature request area because it is working as designed
73 Terry G4POP
w9mdb
Old Man

Post by w9mdb »

My point Terry is that I shouldn't have to change the configuration to select something other than the default and that the default should not be forced when Select Required is clicked.
If you can't change it why have a pulldown at all? Isn't that the point of a pulldown to select from multiple values?

The change to the default should be done when you choose the Search confirmation -- not Select required. Then it could be changed if needed....as it would appear that it should do....

Mike
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Mike your still missing the point

Either

Use the pull down menu to select the search criteria required and then click search to filter on the selected criteria

Or

Clicking search required automatically selects the required status selected in the program config and completes the search based on that selection.

Quiet simply it's two options both of which are demonstrated in the wo YouTube tutorials about confirmations.
73 Terry G4POP
w9mdb
Old Man

Post by w9mdb »

Well that's completely unintuitive to me...but you're right..that method does work.
I thought the Select required would do the same...seems like you could get rid of the Select required and just use the Search and set the default Sent status when the Search confirmation is selected.
One less button to confuse things like it did to me and my friend. KISS principle....

Mike
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

w9mdb wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 13:42 Well that's completely unintuitive to me...but you're right..that method does work.
I thought the Select required would do the same...seems like you could get rid of the Select required and just use the Search and set the default Sent status when the Search confirmation is selected.
One less button to confuse things like it did to me and my friend. KISS principle....

Mike
Sorry but that is the design and no one has complained about it
73 Terry G4POP
w9mdb
Old Man

Post by w9mdb »

That's because nobody knows enough to complain....
I'm a developer so I know what to expect.