How to refresh WWFF-tables?

Update and distribution of news relating to awards

Moderator: OE6CLD

PA0MBD
Novice Class

How to refresh WWFF-tables?

Post by PA0MBD »

One of the Awards I am hunting for is the WWFF-award. The Reference2 field is dedicated as reference code. Now I am trying to refresh the WWFF tables (missing many, many new WWFF-areas and complete countries) . Downloaded the CSV file from the WWFF - site and then trying to import via Award Manager/ import. All records are rejected with message Invalid Reference.
Obvious I am doing something wrong, but cannot figure out what exactly..
Earlier posts concerning this subject gave no solution, nor the updated manual and YouTube-instructions..

Using version 2.7.0.0
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: How to refresh WWFF-tables?

Post by G4POP »

PA0MBD wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 17:55 One of the Awards I am hunting for is the WWFF-award. The Reference2 field is dedicated as reference code. Now I am trying to refresh the WWFF tables (missing many, many new WWFF-areas and complete countries) . Downloaded the CSV file from the WWFF - site and then trying to import via Award Manager/ import. All records are rejected with message Invalid Reference.
Obvious I am doing something wrong, but cannot figure out what exactly..
Earlier posts concerning this subject gave no solution, nor the updated manual and YouTube-instructions..

Using version 2.7.0.0
Contact our awards manager Claus,

I will move this topic to the award section for you
73 Terry G4POP
PA0MBD
Novice Class

Post by PA0MBD »

TNX Terry, I will contact him
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi Martin,

Let me give it a try, I will let you know my findings. I'm not a big WWFF fan, there are too many references to work ;) - so I never tried an update.

Thanks for letting me know.

Claus, OE6CLD
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi Martin,

I updated the WWFF award definition with the latest wwff_directory.csv file from http://wwff.co/ - and it seems to work. I have uploaded the WWFF file to the Log4OM server. Can you please update your WWFF award definition and let me know if everything works and is there. If yes, I will publish details how I did it.

Thanks,
Claus
PA0MBD
Novice Class

Post by PA0MBD »

Hello Claus,
Tnx for your concerns and troubles. Unfortunately I feel somewhat unhappy. I installed the new 2.8.0 version and missing now the QSO's of today (3 july) and lost all the WWFF references anymore in the QSO's in the PA0MBD-log (Reference2 is the WWFF-rerence field). The Award-statistics seems to be all right.
Anyway, I deleted the WWFF award and installed it again. As all references are disappeared I cannot check on (in)completion. Some country files are mixed up together (RFF between DLFF etc). Furthermore I cannot choose for WWFF award in Russia.

Perhaps confusing? I cannot give better results.
73 Martin
PA0MBD
Novice Class

Post by PA0MBD »

Hello Claus,
I suppose you did not receive my emails to you.
Saw the results of OZ4MU and gave it a new try. Re-installed V2.8.0 and updated the WWFF-award again. There are new tables, but not fully correct. Some strange records appear, and parts of the Russian tables (RFF) shows up in other country tables (RFF in DLFF, PAFF, YUFF etc).
And still one cannot choose for the WWFF award in case of Russian stations.
After starting Log4OM V2.8.0 no WWFF rerences are shown in the log QSO-records. First activate a new qso with WWFF-reference and then all other references appear.

These are my experiences, apparently nearing thefinish.
Martin
PA0MBD
Novice Class

Post by PA0MBD »

Claus,
No progress in trying to solve the aspects described before. Still the same. Do you have any solution found?
Martin/PA0MBD
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi Martin,

Sorry for the delay. I’m currently in Austria celebrating the 80th birthday if my mother-in-law and will join the OE0HQ team over the weekend. I have limited internet access at the moment. Will start investigating next week. I think the WWFF .csv file is faulty, with broken lines.

Please give me a few more days.

Thanks,
Claus
PA0MBD
Novice Class

Post by PA0MBD »

Don't worry Claus, I am not in a hurry and still alive and happy ....