IT9VDQ: New User

IT9VDQ
New user

IT9VDQ: New User

Post by IT9VDQ »

Ciao a tutti,
I'm Giuseppe IT9VDQ Ham since 1975; I just downloaded and installed Log4OM2 and I was pleasantly surprised: it is very close to the software I have always used and has a nice and easy to use interface, congratulations! I uploaded my Qso's, +119.000, and being new to the program, I have some perplexities and difficulties surely due to the lack of knowledge of Log4OM2.

1) every time I open the Log I can only see 10,000 Qso's; in order to have them all online I have to change the number of qso's to let's say 150,000 at the bottom right of the "Recent Qso's (F7)" window, click on "Refresh" and wait ... I didn't understand how I can change this parameter permanently.

2) when I insert a QSO, or when I make any change to an already existing QSO, I see that the red writing "REFRESHING" lights up, and it takes at least 45/50 seconds for the program to take note of the change and it is possible to work on it again and add other qso;

You will understand well that in this situation, it is very difficult to use the software, because it is very slow and unmanageable. Probably there will be some precautions to be taken to speed up everything, things that as a new User, I still don't know ... The PC on which for now it is installed for the first tests is a Surface, I5 at 2.4Giga and 4Giga of memory.

In thanking you for a possible reply, I extend my best regards to all Users;
Giù, IT9VDQ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: IT9VDQ: New User

Post by G4POP »

With a logbook that big you should probably user mySQL not SQLite to obtain speed.

You can set the number of QSO's to be viewed default in the program configuration, see the user guide.

You dont need to see ALL 115000 QSO's displayed so using a smaller display number will speed things up, the complete log is searched regardles of the number of QSO's displayed.
73 Terry G4POP