Integration with HDSDR

Regarding connecting to external program's.
EI2GLB
Old Man

Re: Integration with HDSDR

Post by EI2GLB »

I do Terry it runs either fine but not both at the same time,

I must try another program with the VSPE and see how it works

Thanks
Trevor
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

As it was said before this slowness is due to changes in HDSDR try running any other software that uses Omnirig like SDR-Radio Consul or MiXW and CW Skimner and they work fine without using a VSP
73 Terry G4POP
EI2GLB
Old Man

Post by EI2GLB »

I can run HDSDR and HRD fine at the same time, Its just Log4OM that seems to lock up the com port ????
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

That is because HDSDR has special connection with HRD - We changed nothing to do with Omnirig and Log4OM multithreads with other programs using Omnirig without issue

Try a VSP from Eterlogic and see how you get on with HDSDR that's what others have done, me I use either SDRDX or SDR-Radio Consul
73 Terry G4POP
EI2GLB
Old Man

Post by EI2GLB »

Hi Terry

I'm not using the DDE connection to HRD in HDSDR I'm still using omnirig, I can also start other programs that do rig control and the all work fine together until I try Log4OM it's the only one that won't get the cat Data,

I don't have time tonight to try another SDR software,

I am using a VSP from eterlogic,

Trevor
EI2GLB
EI2GLB
Old Man

Post by EI2GLB »

I downloaded V2 of SDR-Radio and the option to set the IF for the dongle is greyed out so I cant set it up,

I hate computers

Trevor
EI2GLB
N5INP
Old Man

Post by N5INP »

G4POP wrote:Trevor,
I don't use HDSDR because it does not support my SDR-IP receiver so I use Simon Browns SDR-Radio consul which integrates fine with Omnirig and Log4OM..
I think I'll try SDR-Radio if it works with Omnirig. I've been using HDSDR but I'm worried that it's been abandoned. The last update was Nov of 2013 with no notice of any activity on the web site. :?
EI2GLB
Old Man

Post by EI2GLB »

Just to close out my issue,

SDR-RADIO doesn't support what I want to do,

I have a workaround to keep Log4OM and HDSDR happy, using VSPE I control HDSDR using HRD and Log4OM will run away happy as well, I don't want to run HRD as it's wasting resources on my PC but it's the best option at this time,

Trevor
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

EI2GLB wrote:I have a workaround to keep Log4OM and HDSDR happy, using VSPE I control HDSDR using HRD and Log4OM will run away happy as well, I don't want to run HRD as it's wasting resources on my PC but it's the best option at this time.
Trevor,
I have just reinstalled HDSDR to try to identify your problem.

I set it up to run with my SDR-IQ receiver, Icom ProII transceiver and Log4OM and everything synchronises fine in all directions so I don't see a need for you to run HRD also!

I always use the Eterlogic VSP manager, but I found most Virtual Serial Port software works OK, because I also run other software that does not use Omnirig.

So my set up is as follows

Eterlogic VSPE Splitter connecting the rig on Com 3 to a VSP Com 9

Omnirig Rig1 is set to Icom Pro III Com 9 etc., etc

HDSDR using "Cat to Radio (Omnirig)"
Sync Rig1 (IC-756 Pro II) checked
Sync to Omnirig checked
Sync from Omnirig checked
Sync Tune frequency checked
Sync Modulation all checked
Of course the HDSDR input is set to RFSpace SDR-IQ in my case.

Log4om Version 1.17 set to use Omnirig Rig 1 - IC-756 Pro III on Com 9

I have tried this on my old steam powered Pentium 4 running Win XP and also on by Dual Core PC running Win 7 Professional, it worked fine on both so I have not bothered to set this up on my i5 machine.
73 Terry G4POP
EI2GLB
Old Man

Post by EI2GLB »

Very same setup here Terry apart from ver 1.17 as I havn't updated yet and it won't work, Must be something to do with either my HDSDR install or Omni-Rig, I did un-install Omni-Rig and reinstall it but no difference,

Its not a major issue at least if I have HRD running I can use DM780 as I never got comfortable with any of the other programs I have tried,

Thanks
Trevor
EI2GLB