Very slow to lookup callsigns from QRZ

V2 error reports
vk2ex
Novice Class

Very slow to lookup callsigns from QRZ

Post by vk2ex »

Hi I have been looking through the forum for a couple of weeks and can't see anyone else with this issue.
Using Log4OM 2 version 2.233.0.0
Computer is and I7 running windows professional 7 (Still receiving regular security updates) with CPU Core i7-4510U @ 8GB Ram 64Bit
Not all the time but mostly.
I enter in a call sign and i get no results for sometimes minuets, then when I start to enter a new call-sign it will pop up with the information from QRZ I was looking for and then disappear as it starts to search for the new call-sign, then nothing again until I start entering another call-sign.
This problem will even exist with previous contacts that are in my local database, and there are times when everything seems to work correctly. It does seem to be getting worse with the size of my database growing.
I have only been using this program for a few months.
I have a subscription with QRZ.com so the log will synchronize with QRZ.com.
If I lookup directly on QRZ.com on the website, I get instant information.
My internet speed is 50MBS and I have no problem streaming video content or web surfing.

Any ideas DE Paul VK2EX
CX3AT
Novice Class

Re: Very slow to lookup callsigns from QRZ

Post by CX3AT »

Hi, in response to your query, I tell you that the same thing happens to me, and I can't even find results within my own log...it's strange and I decided to go back to version 2.22.0.0 with which it works perfectly for me... I have been using the software for more than 10 years, at this moment my platform is windows 11 and it runs very well, but this latest version gives me the same problem as you....
Cheers
CX3AT
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Very slow to lookup callsigns from QRZ

Post by G4POP »

Another duplicated post - Please only post in one forum section

This topic now locked
73 Terry G4POP