Program Notification window

V2 error reports
ng7v
Advanced Class

Program Notification window

Post by ng7v »

When I start log4omV2.23.00, the Program Notification icon on the entry form shows up and tells me something downloaded, usually a solar update, sometimes other files get downloaded like LOTW user files, ClubLog info etc...

I installed the beta and found that it didn't upload QSOs to some services like eqsl, hamqth etc. and thought it was broken. I overlaid it with the 23.0 solid version (I know... I know... I shouldn't have done that, mea culpa) but now, I get an invisible window when I click on the Program Notification icon.

The icon goes from enabled to gone like it should but no window comes up. I look on the status bar and there it is, there is a window. If I select that window, it does not show up. I checked the forum: no cigar so I am adding this new one hoping someone can hopefully point me to an easy fix.

Paste of task bar: https://photos.app.goo.gl/SpwddauedUktKgGP6
Ron (NG7V)
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Program Notification window

Post by KI5IO »

Ron,

How many monitors are you using?

Maybe (for some reason) your notification pop-up window is going to a 2nd or 3rd monitor??

Also not sure why it appears that your notification window is so large. At least it appears that way in your JPG.

I've attached a screen clip of my notification window that merely pops up over the Main UI.

If you click on the multiple Log4OM icon views (from the task bar) and select one it should become the 'focus' and be on top of your views. However ... if you have multiple monitors then some strange things can happen when it comes to window placement.

As for installing a new release or then going back to a prior release for testing there are no issues with doing such. We do it all the time.
Attachments
pgmnotifications-medium.JPG
pgmnotifications-medium.JPG (99.9 KiB) Viewed 574 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
ng7v
Advanced Class

Re: Program Notification window

Post by ng7v »

Good catch. I had two monitors and then, I put my second one in storage. The window appeared on my second monitor when i plugged it back in so, I moved it to my primary monitor and everything is back to normal. This is an indication that some screen settings sort of stay behind somewhere when someone does this.

Very good catch in deed and thank you!
Ron (NG7V)