Working frequency if CAT not active

ei6kw
Advanced Class

Working frequency if CAT not active

Post by ei6kw »

Hi,
IMHO it could be fine to transfer/copy frequency from band map and/or Cluster window to Frequency field in New QSO window if the CAT is not active or trx is offline. This can be convenient feature for portable operations etc.
Thanks,
__
73!
de EI6KW, Slav
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Working frequency if CAT not active

Post by G4POP »

It already does that

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (156.74 KiB) Viewed 790 times
73 Terry G4POP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Slav,

What happens when you turn on Log4OM with your rig on and CAT enabled and you synch/connect as normal operating in your shack? Clicking on spots put all data and frequency in the Main UI I'm sure.

Now ... with that operation working ... Click on: Connect / CAT / Stop CAT (your CAT connection should now show Offline).

Clicking on a spot in Cluster or Bandmap should still fill all Main UI data including frequency.

However ... when you do a fresh restart of Log4OM with no rig, nor CAT enabled I'm guessing that any clicks on spots in Cluster or Bandmap will only fill Main UI with data and "no frequency" ???

I've been following this thread and have been testing and that is what my results (so far) are. Terry and I have traded messages and he is not experiencing the same situation. I've created a Mantis ticket so it will be in Lele's queue to look at.

Your 'feature' request may have pointed out a hiccup. ;)
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
ei6kw
Advanced Class

Post by ei6kw »

KI5IO wrote: 18 Sep 2022, 17:55 Slav,

What happens when you turn on Log4OM with your rig on and CAT enabled and you synch/connect as normal operating in your shack? Clicking on spots put all data and frequency in the Main UI I'm sure.
True.
KI5IO wrote: 18 Sep 2022, 17:55 Now ... with that operation working ... Click on: Connect / CAT / Stop CAT (your CAT connection should now show Offline).

Clicking on a spot in Cluster or Bandmap should still fill all Main UI data including frequency.
True.
KI5IO wrote: 18 Sep 2022, 17:55 However ... when you do a fresh restart of Log4OM with no rig, nor CAT enabled I'm guessing that any clicks on spots in Cluster or Bandmap will only fill Main UI with data and "no frequency" ???
True. Fresh start, CAT enabled but rig not connected and clicking on band map not filling frequency field. Then "Stop CAT" making feature working again.

Thanks a lot for the tips,
__
73!
de EI6KW, Slav