Guantanamo Island error in de DXCC

V2 error reports
iz7hno
Novice Class

Guantanamo Island error in de DXCC

Post by iz7hno »

I point out that all the calls with KG consider them as Guantanamo Isl. When in reality they are nominated by the various states Like Virginia ecccc, please correct this serious error a greeting thanks for the attention of IZ7HNO Bartolo
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Guantanamo Island error in de DXCC

Post by KI5IO »

iz7hno wrote: 16 Oct 2022, 18:51 I point out that all the calls with KG consider them as Guantanamo Isl. When in reality they are nominated by the various states Like Virginia ecccc, please correct this serious error a greeting thanks for the attention of IZ7HNO Bartolo
Bartolo,

What is your current setup for "Info Providers" and "Configuration"?

Are you using QRZ.com and/or HamQTH as part of your callsign lookup?

There have been many posts about Gitmo Bay calls and usually the issues ends up being how the OM set up the two items I asked about above.

If you would pls provide screen clips of what you have set up for those two elements that will be helpful.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
iz7hno
Novice Class

Post by iz7hno »

Thanks Nolan for your kind reply, so I'm using qrz.com why does the logbook hesitate this error ?? :( :( :(
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

iz7hno wrote: 17 Oct 2022, 19:17 Thanks Nolan for your kind reply, so I'm using qrz.com why does the logbook hesitate this error ?? :( :( :(
Bartolo,

OK ... What version of Log4OM V2 are you using? Be sure you are using the "most current" version.

Make sure your databases for CTY and Clublog are also current. If you have the most current version of Log4OM V2 they should also be current unless you have disabled that update for some reason.

Is your QRZ.com access a "paid for" subscription? You will not get all the relevant data from QRZ with the 'free' version.

I asked for you to provide screen clips of your Info Provider and Configuration setup, but I've not seen them. That being the case I've attached screen clips of my current settings for that.

I've also include a screen clip showing my 'Worked Before' list that appears when I simply enter KG4 in the Main UI.

As I noted in a post above issues with the Gitmo Bay sites showing up are usually always due to an OMs settings in their Log4OM V2 configuration.
Attachments
kg4search-medium.JPG
kg4search-medium.JPG (120.4 KiB) Viewed 865 times
infoproviders-medium.JPG
infoproviders-medium.JPG (51.66 KiB) Viewed 865 times
infoproviderconfig-medium.JPG
infoproviderconfig-medium.JPG (55.63 KiB) Viewed 865 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
iz7hno
Novice Class

Post by iz7hno »

Tnx Nolan for your suggestions, I don't have a paid subscription to qrz.com but a free profile, the LOG4OM version is the latest ie 2.23.0.0, so I applied the changes in the realtime logging and istoric qso boxes. I hope that now I get correct news. I will keep you informed thanks 73
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

iz7hno wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 14:27 Tnx Nolan for your suggestions, I don't have a paid subscription to qrz.com but a free profile, the LOG4OM version is the latest ie 2.23.0.0, so I applied the changes in the realtime logging and istoric qso boxes. I hope that now I get correct news. I will keep you informed thanks 73
Suggest that you register and use HamQTH instead of the QRZ lookup you will get almost as much data as a paid QRZ subscriber
73 Terry G4POP