Recovery from lost config.json or .sqlite data file

W4GHV
Advanced Class

Recovery from lost config.json or .sqlite data file

Post by W4GHV »

This has happened twice so I put together a note for future repairs. I have no idea what causes the failure.

Log4OM recovery (lost config.json and yourcall.sqlite data file 11/16/22 W4GHV since 1954
(corrections appreciated)

1. If you are unexpectedly welcomed as a NEW Log4OM user, the two files above have been erased or destroyed.

2. The config.json is located in C:/USERS/yourname/APPDATA/ROAMING/LOG4OM/USERS/yourname/Log4OM/user
Open/edit it and if it is full of NULL NULL it needs replacement with the last correct one.

3. The yourcall.sqlite file is normally located where you put it in the program configuration block.
Click on the TEST and note the date/time/size of the file. It might be OK.

4. To replace the config.json file, the backup is located in C:/USERS/yourname/LOG40M.
They have long names xxxxx.config.json
Look at the latest and work backwards to the one that does not have NULL NULL in it.
Rename it to config.json
Copy it to the location in step 2., replacing the bad one there.

5. If the yourcall.sqlite log fine looked OK in step 3. you can now try to run Log4OM.
If the wrong data file shows, follow the next step.

6. The BACKUP .sqlite files are where you stored them in the program config/backup block.
You want the sqlite file, the top one of the two backups. It has a long xxx.backup.sqlite name
Check the others and take the largest file to get the latest.
Rename it to your normal filename (in step 3.) ie W4GHV.sqlite
Copy it to the location in step 3 overwriting the existing or missing file.

7. Log4Om should be working now. If so do an immediate backup.

8. The second backup in the config/backup block is an .adi file.
If necessary, a blank new .sqlite file could be created, and this .adi file IMPORTED.

8. If anyone knows what causes the failure, let us know.

(copy attached)
Attachments
Log4OM_recovery.txt
(1.72 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
73, Bo W4GHV since '54
https://www.qrz.com/db/W4GHV
W4GHV
Advanced Class

Re: Recovery from lost config.json or .sqlite data file

Post by W4GHV »

My config.json got corrupted again. This time is 'got cut in half'. Half of it was gone. Remainder readable.
As I followed my guide, I noted a last_valid_config.json file next to the config.json. A lot easier to find and use.
No clue on how it gets corrupted/
73, Bo W4GHV since '54
https://www.qrz.com/db/W4GHV