Log4OM on Windows 11 - Missing Operator Name

vu3byd
Novice Class

Log4OM on Windows 11 - Missing Operator Name

Post by vu3byd »

Yesterday I started using a new laptop with Windows 11. Migrated the Log4OM database (only) successfully. Reconfigured every thing else on the new system. The CAT interface was also reconfigured correctly and the program is able to display all the rig details correctly.

The problem I face now are;
1. When a call sign is given the name is NOT displayed in the Operator Name field. If I give a call sign of a previously worked operator, I get the 'WKD BAND BEFORE' display. Which means that the look up with QRZ.COM seems to be working. I also get the display LOTW user if the call sign is active on LoTW.
2. When I type the call sign and hit the tab key, the Start Time is NOT getting freezed/locked. In Windows 10 this used to work correctly. The time only got unlocked after the QSO was saved or the call sign removed from the field.

Is any one facing similar issues, and have managed to resolve the same?
HB9BRJ
Old Man

Re: Log4OM on Windows 11 - Missing Operator Name

Post by HB9BRJ »

Refer to the user manual, p.238: Transferring Log4OM set up to another PC.
You want to transfer not only your database, but all your settings.

Markus HB9BRJ
vu3byd
Novice Class

Post by vu3byd »

HB9BRJ wrote: 24 Nov 2022, 13:50 Refer to the user manual, p.238: Transferring Log4OM set up to another PC.
You want to transfer not only your database, but all your settings.
May be I was not clear in my first post. I have reconfigured Log4OM completely on a new system (Windows 11 OS). I only used the previous database of QSOs. With this new installation of Log4OM I am able to perform all actions (including access to the rig via CAT cable) which I could do earlier. The only problems I face now;
1. When a call sign is given the name is NOT displayed in the Operator Name field. If I give a call sign of a previously worked operator, I get the 'WKD BAND BEFORE' display. Which means that the look up with QRZ.COM seems to be working. I also get the display LOTW user if the call sign is active on LoTW.
2. When I type the call sign and hit the tab key, the Start Time is NOT getting freezed/locked. In Windows 10 this used to work correctly. The time only got unlocked after the QSO was saved or the call sign removed from the field.

These two issues as far as I know, is NOT related to the import/export of settings. Don't know if it is a Windows 11 OS problem. When I type a call sign, Log4OM is getting the details from QRZ.COM (It knows if I have worked that call sign before), but the Operator Name field is left blank.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

No its not showing you WB4 from QRZ! its telling you that a QSO with that station exists in your Log4OM logbook database

Because you have not set the 'Set QSO start time when leaving callsign field' in Program config/User preferences and probably also ignored the same settings in Program config/Performances

3. Don't know if it is a Windows 11 OS problem. When I type a call sign, Log4OM is getting the details from QRZ.COM the Operator Name field is left blank.
Because your not a paid subscriber to QRZ, just a 'Ham member' so you will not receive the full details of the station being looked up - Either pay your money or change to HamQTH which is free - Nothing to do with Win 11

All of these things are covered in our FAQ area of the forum and the user guide
73 Terry G4POP
vu3byd
Novice Class

Post by vu3byd »

Thanks G4POP. Your suggestions did help me. Will check up the FAQ as well.