Cluster filter

General discussions V2
K4TOR
Advanced Class

Cluster filter

Post by K4TOR »

Haven't found it yet, so I'll ask: Is there such thing as the ability to cluster filter on dxcc entity? F.ex if I don't want to show US stations? I know I can do this via cluster server commands, but is there an internal way to do this?
73 de Tor - K4TOR
Pee Dee of SC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster filter

Post by G4POP »

No there is not but you can alert by DXCC
73 Terry G4POP
ei6kw
Advanced Class

Post by ei6kw »

It's much better to do this as cluster filter. Log4OM eats up an incredible amount of RAM anyway.
Attachments
log4om.png
log4om.png (12.05 KiB) Viewed 1014 times
__
73!
de EI6KW, Slav
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

K4TOR,

A good way to handle cluster filtering if using a CC cluster is to use CC User program by VE7CC. You set up your filtering in CC User, then with same login in Log4OM cluster, your filters apply at the cluster server, not locally in Log4OM. In CC User, Country Tab, I have DX Country set to reject K and VE. I also use it to only receive spots for states near mine using the Spotter State feature on the State Tab, accepting only states near mine. Really cuts down on resources used during busy cluster times. This approach is more efficient and reduces bandwidth requirements, as the cluster is only sending spots I am interested in, rather than sending all spots and having Log4OM doing the filtering.

Doug
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
K4TOR
Advanced Class

Post by K4TOR »

NN7D wrote: 17 Jan 2023, 00:27 K4TOR,

A good way to handle cluster filtering if using a CC cluster is to use CC User program by VE7CC. You set up your filtering in CC User, then with same login in Log4OM cluster, your filters apply at the cluster server, not locally in Log4OM. In CC User, Country Tab, I have DX Country set to reject K and VE. I also use it to only receive spots for states near mine using the Spotter State feature on the State Tab, accepting only states near mine. Really cuts down on resources used during busy cluster times. This approach is more efficient and reduces bandwidth requirements, as the cluster is only sending spots I am interested in, rather than sending all spots and having Log4OM doing the filtering.

Doug
Well that helps A LOT, Doug. Didnt even know he had this application. Thanks a bunch.

Edit, for some reason I still get US and VE stations on the cluster screen. I use the same callsign and name logging into VE7CC cluster as in CC User. So not sure I have the cluster set up on the LOG4OM side set up right. I assume I dont have to start local server (in LOG4OM), but just connect to the VE7CC cluster.

By the way, this is what I get in return when connecting to the cluster, which is correct according to what I have selected in CC User:

login:
1709 ve7cc.net:23: -> K4TOR
1709 ve7cc.net:23: -> set/name Tor
1709 ve7cc.net:23: -> reject/spots call_dxcc K,VE
1709 ve7cc.net:23: K4TOR
1709 ve7cc.net:23: Hello Tor.

Edit again: Had to disc. on both connections, then link back up to the cluster. It now works. Need to d/l some documentation for this thing.

Thanks Again.

73 de Tor - K4TOR
73 de Tor - K4TOR
Pee Dee of SC