QSO confirmation settings

pd4jo
Novice Class

QSO confirmation settings

Post by pd4jo »

I am new at this, but already some 1000 qso’s underway. I figured out what a qsl is, found eQSL and LOTW. Google is your friend.
While the sent status of my qso’s are all marked ‘yes’, by far most of my qso’s are marked ‘no’ for received for eqsl an lotw. I added all necessary usernames and passwords, left everything else in confirmation settings at default. I read the manual and watched the videos, but still am at a loss as to the meaning of yes, no, requested, qeued and ignore. And where to put all of those. The workings of the qso and the qsl manager are far beyond my grasp. I believe that I can only understand like ten percent of what’s in the manual.
Looking at the eqsl website, qso’s seem to be arriving and the same goes for lotw. It seems that downloading confirmations is the problem.

Is there somebody out there to provide me with a dummy version of the manual on this topic?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QSO confirmation settings

Post by G4POP »

Did you watch our tutorials Confirmations, confirmations 2 and confirmations 3 on YouTube here https://www.youtube.com/@terrygenes2236
73 Terry G4POP
pd4jo
Novice Class

Post by pd4jo »

Yes, I watched all three videos, but it remains very unclear how to set up the confirmation settings.
I am bad at math, while this topic, in my view, looks like a math problem. I am not a native English speaker, so that makes the subtle differences between the Log4om versions of yes, no, requested and qeued even more incomprehensible. On top of that, part of the topic resides in the program configuration AND in the QSL manager AND in the QSO manager. When and how to change the settings in which part of Log4OM?

All I want (and I think most of us want) is, after a QSO, to send a confirmation to eQSL en LOTW and receive a confirmation from the other party. Sending seems to work, but receiving confirmations does not. Among other things, this results in not receiving any electronic QSL.

Currently, the setting in the program configuration is No/No for send/receive for all external parties.
What do I need to change to get confirmations after a QSO in the future and how do I get confirmations for past QSO's?

Please help,
73, Joop PD4JO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Below is an image of the authorised ADIF received and sent enumerations

All you need to use is Y or N and probably V if your interested in LOTW/DXCC awards, forget the rest

ADIF ENUMERATIONS.png
ADIF ENUMERATIONS.png (74.61 KiB) Viewed 486 times
You get confirmation for past QSO's by being registered with LOTW and eQSL and using our QSL manager to download your confirmations or by sending the other guy a QSL card and receiving one from him
73 Terry G4POP
pd4jo
Novice Class

Post by pd4jo »

Thank you Terry for coming back on this problem,

So what do I put in the program configuration? No/No or Yes/Yes for send/receive?
And if I want to retrieve 'old' confirmations by way of the QSL manager? No/No or Yes/Yes?

Thank you again,

Joop PD4JO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Just use N and N for each type of confirmation and emulate the settings shown below

Important that you click the small floppy disc icon to right for each type and Save and apply when done

Confirmations 1.jpg
Confirmations 1.jpg (79.85 KiB) Viewed 475 times
Confirmations 2.jpg
Confirmations 2.jpg (131.71 KiB) Viewed 475 times
73 Terry G4POP
pd4jo
Novice Class

Post by pd4jo »

Thanks again.
I am going to try it out tomorrow.

Joop