What is the secret of installing MariaDB?

General discussions V2
na7c
Novice Class

What is the secret of installing MariaDB?

Post by na7c »

When I install it on a Linux instance, Log4OM2 works with MariaDB without issue. When I install MariahDB on the same Windows 10 machine as Log4OM2, Log4OM2 puts this in my log file:

[DbMysql][Deploy] : MYSQL Error while deploying database
[EXCEPTION] Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types. System.InvalidCastException: Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types.
at System.DBNull.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatProvider provider)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(Object value, IFormatProvider provider)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.LoadCharacterSets(MySqlConnection connection)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Configure(MySqlConnection connection)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
at L4ONG.DAL.MYSQL.DbMysql.Deploy(DatabaseConfiguration dje_zVCCH69BUWXNTSYZ_ejd)

Am I doing something amiss? Has anyone gotten MariaDB on Windows 10 to work with Log4OM2?
N1FG
Advanced Class

Re: What is the secret of installing MariaDB?

Post by N1FG »

Hi Ted -

This posting might help you get it squared away. The issue, when I went through this process, was with the SQL statements that Log4OM2 generate re: default character set.

https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=6991

Looking at your error statements I'm not sure this will help but might get you into the right area of the ballpark. (The good news is once you establish the DB/tables the program itself will work well.)

Larry N1FG
SKCC 16270S
na7c
Novice Class

Post by na7c »

Larry,

Thank you for your response. I read through your reference at https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=6991 and found a quote from G4POP that gave me my answer:

"I only use Mysql and SQLite for testing"

I now have MySQL installed on my Windows 10 machine and working well with Log4om2.
N1FG
Advanced Class

Post by N1FG »

That's great Ted!

In my case there was no option as we have many other systems all using the MariaDB server so having another DB system would be a bit foolish. And since it was only one or two lines in their code to modify it was an easy fix.

MariaDB here and Log4OM2 have been coexisting well.

Larry N1FG