Backing up to Google Drive

General discussions V2
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Backing up to Google Drive

Post by WA2SQQ »

I need to ask what is probably a very elementary question, but I was not able to figure it out by reading the manual. I want to add a backup copy of the log file onto Google drive as LOG4OM shuts down. I created the folder on my Google drive, and I have the link to that folder. How do I copy the link into the Backup location in the SETUP? If it were a physical drive you can find the link and click on it. It seems that you can't manually type the backup location in.
F6FLU
Old Man

Re: Backing up to Google Drive

Post by F6FLU »

hello
hoping this can help you ...
2022-01-04_22h14_00.jpg
2022-01-04_22h14_00.jpg (87.52 KiB) Viewed 2504 times
Dan - F6FLU
Log4OM V2.32.1.0 - Windows 11 - i9-11900K - SSD 512Go - 32 Go
FTdx101D - Hexbeam - Wired dipole 40-30M
https://F6FLU.org
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

I know where its entered, but how can I manually type the link in?

If the backup location is a physical drive on your PC, you click on the "disk" icon, locate the drive, and select it.

Google drive is a link that you must type in. If I select one of the existing backup locations, its not allowing me to type the link in.
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

Google Drive can be set to back up files automatically. It's been awhile since I used Google Drive, so I forget the details. Also, there are various programs that will do backups of your files automatically. Some of them might be able to backup to Google Drive. Using one of those methods, you wouldn't have to wait while Log4OM does the backup.

Jim N6VH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

WA2SQQ wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 21:27 I know where its entered, but how can I manually type the link in?

If the backup location is a physical drive on your PC, you click on the "disk" icon, locate the drive, and select it.

Google drive is a link that you must type in. If I select one of the existing backup locations, its not allowing me to type the link in.
You cant type it in you must use the browse to folder icon at the right hand end of the field

I think your issue is because you only have a web based presence of Google drive and therefore are trying to insert a web address.

I use a Google Drive but Google Drive is actually installed on the data drive of my PC which then provides a folder and file structure which is discoverable via the browse button mentioned above. The local presence of Google drive syncs with the online entity and all of my other windows PC's and Tablet automatically.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (34.49 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
73 Terry G4POP
ve3wej
Old Man

Post by ve3wej »

check your version of google drive. it looks like an older version, and this may have something to do with it. The new google drive actually becomes a drive letter on your system ( mine is G drive ), so I have my log in a folder on G drive and it works fine, unless your internet is down...
N6RSH
Novice Class

Post by N6RSH »

MY version of Log4OM2 (Ver 2.26.0.0) will not recognize my google drive. I get the message shown below. I included in the screen shot my directory which shows drive G: as "Google Drive G:" but when I use the browse button in Log4OM2 Backup settings, it lists as "Local Drive G:" and won't let me use it for backup. I run Log4OM as administrator. Please help. I would like to be able to see my log book on both of my computers.
Thanks and 73,
Steve N6RSH
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-02-06 155106.jpg
Screenshot 2023-02-06 155106.jpg (80.85 KiB) Viewed 1257 times