POTA DXCC list

General discussions V2
EA7KJE
Advanced Class

POTA DXCC list

Post by EA7KJE »

Hi all,

Me and some of my friends have seen that 2 DXCC POTA countries that we have worked can't be added to the list of Award Manager, that is, you select them but they are not saved.

I have reviewed the Parks List on the POTA webpage and by example Balearic Islands doesn't appeared, but Slovenia yes, and in the two situations I couldn't save none of the two selections.

Any help with this??

Thank you so much!!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: POTA DXCC list

Post by G4POP »

Examples of the exact station call signs and POTA references will assist us to check this, without that we can't do anything

Regarding saving a change to POTA did you 'Unlock' the award before saving?
73 Terry G4POP
EA7KJE
Advanced Class

Post by EA7KJE »

Hi again...

Well in one of the cases EA6AOJ and POTA actived as EA-1899 from Balearic Islands don't show the POTA Award and when I'm going to Award Manager to select this DXCC, Log4OM don't store or save the correspondent selection, so still desapeared from QSO Awards edition.

Captura de pantalla 2022-12-17 111332.png
Captura de pantalla 2022-12-17 111332.png (89.77 KiB) Viewed 1264 times
EA7KJE
Advanced Class

Post by EA7KJE »

Again a new callsingn, HB0PR from Liechtenstein doesn't permit to assign POTA in Award Manager, so isn't posible to add the POTA numbers correspondent...

Some of my friends like I comment some time before has getting the same problem with others callsing or DXCC too.

Any suggestion??
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

EA7KJE wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 17:43 Again a new callsingn, HB0PR from Liechtenstein doesn't permit to assign POTA in Award Manager, so isn't posible to add the POTA numbers correspondent...

Some of my friends like I comment some time before has getting the same problem with others callsing or DXCC too.

Any suggestion??
You nspotted an issue I will speak to Lele and Claus about this because its not saving the applicable country information as far as I can see
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Log4OM actually filters for references in the same COUNTRY of the contacted callsign, so if you contact IW3HMH you will get italy award list, while if you contact IW3HMH/EA3 you will find the list of available awards for SPAIN.
That's because some awards have more than 35k references and loading a german award for a japanese operator in japan will overload the user interface and the user experience will be degraded. In all awards, references are also "country bounded", so you won't find italian POTA references for a Japanese contact.

Theoretically the OM should work with a Liechtenstein or Balearic callsign suffix/prefix to be correctly "placed" in the right country.

I will eventually add a manual override to that behaviour for particular needs, but so far it's the first time we have this kind of needs reported
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

We updated POTA parks references, please try updating your awards archive from Log4OM menu (Settings -> Update Resources -> Log4OM awards) and check if you can see the references.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
EA7KJE
Advanced Class

Post by EA7KJE »

IW3HMH wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 14:21 We updated POTA parks references, please try updating your awards archive from Log4OM menu (Settings -> Update Resources -> Log4OM awards) and check if you can see the references.
Thanks for your response!!

I have made the update like you have proposed, but still getting the same result.

On yesterday I made some new POTA's like one of Sweden (SAOTAY) with the same result too. But after the update now I can see that the padlock on the left column has lossed the icon and appear with a blue or grey square without the padlock, but still not let in me store the Sweden assign like the others comented before...

I have updated all the other elements updatables too and closed and launched again Log4OM just in case...
Attachments
Captura de pantalla 2023-03-08 081102.png
Captura de pantalla 2023-03-08 081102.png (88.86 KiB) Viewed 987 times
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Shure that you logged it correct ? You wrote SAOTAY but it must be SA0TAY. The O like Oscar is different from 0 like Zero.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.