Error Uploading to LotW

W6SDM
Advanced Class

Error Uploading to LotW

Post by W6SDM »

I am setting up a new station with an IC-7300, which will be my portable/FT8 station. I have everything working and Log4OM is logging from WSJT-X. When I go to upload, I get the following error messages:

INFO: ADIF File created successfully.
INFO: TQSL Version 2.6.5
ADIF file not found on path: C:\Program Files (x86)\TrustedQSL\LOTW_UPLOAD_20230318194716.adi
LOTW END

I checked and there is not an ADIF file in that directory even though LotW says that the ADIF file was created successfully.

Any idea what's wrong?

Steve, W6SDM
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Error Uploading to LotW

Post by KI5IO »

Steve,

Did you set up the Temporary Path at: Configuration / External Services / LOTW ??

Screen clips below is for my setup for LOTW as well as my temporary path. I created a folder called "LOTW-TWSL" and located it under a Ham Radio Folder that is under my Documents folder.

You can put that temporary folder wherever you want and where it can be written to without blocking by the Windows O/S security.

You warning flag indicates that you have not yet set up that temporary folder.

I would locate it in a folder in the "Document" folder on your installation. That way you are sure Log4OM will actually write/save the file being created.
Attachments
LOTW-folder-config.JPG
LOTW-folder-config.JPG (33.36 KiB) Viewed 306 times
LOTW-config.JPG
LOTW-config.JPG (106.49 KiB) Viewed 306 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
W6SDM
Advanced Class

Post by W6SDM »

Nolan, thank you very much. That was the problem. I had set up a temporary folder but it was located inside C:\Program Files (X86)\TrustedQSL like it is on my other station/computer. I guess WIndows or LotW doesn't like it being in the program files directory. I made the change and I was able to upload it successfully.

Steve, W6SDM
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

W6SDM wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 00:18 Nolan, thank you very much. That was the problem. I had set up a temporary folder but it was located inside C:\Program Files (X86)\TrustedQSL like it is on my other station/computer. I guess WIndows or LotW doesn't like it being in the program files directory. I made the change and I was able to upload it successfully.

Steve, W6SDM
Steve,

Good to hear that you got it sorted.

I keep all such files in the My Documents Folder under I structure I've built over time. Not a good idea to have such saving to the Program Files sections as Windoze doesn't like that much at all and will give all sort of errors/issues over time.

Make sure you have your Log4OM backup files in a similar folder under "Documents" as well. I have one set being saved there and I have a secondary backup going to a Dropbox drive.

FWIW - Keep away from "OneDrive" ... that option has been nothing but trouble as I've experienced a lot with OMs about the globe trying to use it. Dunno what hooks Microsoft puts in that product, but it certainly seems to always cause problems.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
W6SDM
Advanced Class

Post by W6SDM »

I agree, Nolan. I am not a fan of One Drive either - especially when saved files default to One Drive. There are some things I would rather not see on the cloud, i.e., financial files and personal information. For that, there's always a flash drive for backup.