"Clipboard mode": temporarily save a calling + frequency

IU0DZR
Novice Class

"Clipboard mode": temporarily save a calling + frequency

Post by IU0DZR »

Hi everyone,
I have been a happy user of this wonderful software for years.
I was thinking today about a potentially simple to implement feature that could be very useful to many. I don't think this feature is already available, if not I apologize.

I often find myself listening to one or more callsigns simultaneously calling CQ on a band. Maybe I don't have the ability to contact them immediately or I'm moving up the band and listening to various OMs I could potentially make QSOs with. It would be nice to be able to temporarily save one or more callsigns (obviously in combination with the frequency where they are transmitting) in a "clipboard" area so that they can be retrieved quickly with a double click (triggering the CAT control as well). It would be nice to be able to save at least 3 or 4 callers in this "clipboard area".

Does anyone else think this feature could be useful?

Thank you!

Tommaso
Last edited by IU0DZR on 21 Mar 2023, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
IK0TIX
Advanced Class

Re: "Clipboard mode": temporarily save a calling callsign + frequency

Post by IK0TIX »

Hi Tom, it seems a very useful feature, especially when we operate in QRP and Field Day
Max IK0TIX
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: "Clipboard mode": temporarily save a calling + frequency

Post by IW3HMH »

I have added a small improvement in the actual MEMORY REMINDER function.
If there is a callsign set on user interface AND/OR the CAT is reading a frequency, those values are kept and used for a quick insert into memory reminder screen.
You can test this on next beta release
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
IU0DZR
Novice Class

Post by IU0DZR »

IW3HMH wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 21:32 I have added a small improvement in the actual MEMORY REMINDER function.
If there is a callsign set on user interface AND/OR the CAT is reading a frequency, those values are kept and used for a quick insert into memory reminder screen.
You can test this on next beta release
That's great Daniele, thank you! I actually use the MEMORY REMINDER feature for that purpose, but having to manually set every time the frequency and the callsign as "memory name" is a bit frustrating. Look forward to trying the new feature in the beta! :) Thanks again for your amazing work!
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

beta released
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
IU0DZR
Novice Class

Post by IU0DZR »

I love the new feature!