UTC Clock won't start

General discussions V2
w5cib
Novice Class

UTC Clock won't start

Post by w5cib »

I've run my Log4om main window on one monitor and a Cluster view and UTC Clock on another monitor for a long time. Today I noticed the UTC Clock is gone, nowhere to be found and will not start. I've clicked on the UTC Clock selection, shutdown and restarted Log4om multiple times, even restarted the PC a few times, still no UTC Clock. If I hover my mouse pointer over the Log4om icon on the taskbar it just shows the main window and the cluster view window, no utc clock window. Anybody got any ideas?
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: UTC Clock won't start

Post by KI5IO »

w5cib wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 23:45 I've run my Log4om main window on one monitor and a Cluster view and UTC Clock on another monitor for a long time. Today I noticed the UTC Clock is gone, nowhere to be found and will not start. I've clicked on the UTC Clock selection, shutdown and restarted Log4om multiple times, even restarted the PC a few times, still no UTC Clock. If I hover my mouse pointer over the Log4om icon on the taskbar it just shows the main window and the cluster view window, no utc clock window. Anybody got any ideas?
Alan,

It is possible the UTC clock is "somewhere" and related to the multiple monitors.

Go to: Settings / Configuration / Edit program config

Then tap the "Reset window positions".

This will reset all your Log4OM panels to the original default.

Then your UTC clock "may" show up again.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
w5cib
Novice Class

Post by w5cib »

That didn't work. I think I may try reinstalling log4om and see if that works.
w5cib
Novice Class

Post by w5cib »

Well I tried reinstalling without any luck. The next step may be to do a complete uninstall, reboot, then reinstall.
w5cib
Novice Class

Post by w5cib »

After uninstalling log4om, rebooting the pc and reinstalling log4om the utc clock is back. Doesn't explain what the problem was that caused the utc clock to disappear in the first place but at least it's working again.