QRZ.com Problem

V2 error reports
G0KAD
Novice Class

QRZ.com Problem

Post by G0KAD »

Hi,

Just updated to v2.27.1.0.

Spotted that some other were having a problem with QRZ.com so thought I'd check.

External data lookup is working well but the auto-upload of QSO isn't working.

Using QSL Manager I selected the necessary QSO and tried uploading them.
QSLcom Capture.jpg
QSLcom Capture.jpg (75.71 KiB) Viewed 1136 times
All but one uploaded well but the first didn't. Hope this is of help in finding the bug.

Regards
Mike G0KAD (GX3WSC)
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QRZ.com Problem

Post by KI5IO »

Mike,

Is the QSO input via an FTxx or JTxx source on UDP Inbound Connections?

If so ... pls read the Release Notes and Bullet #4.

You have to adjust your UDP Inbound Connections.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
kf3by
New user

Post by kf3by »

I guess I am a little thick when it comes to the connection configurations! I wonder if someone can help me?
I am using WSJT-X v2.5.4 with GridTracker v1.23.0206 and all was good before I updated Log4OM.
Can someone tell me what my connection setting should be? I've got things messed up!

Thanks in advance!
Regards & 73
KF3BY
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

kf3by wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 23:02 I guess I am a little thick when it comes to the connection configurations! I wonder if someone can help me?
I am using WSJT-X v2.5.4 with GridTracker v1.23.0206 and all was good before I updated Log4OM.
Can someone tell me what my connection setting should be? I've got things messed up!

Thanks in advance!
Regards & 73
KF3BY
Give it a shot. The new configuration has presets for both those programs which makes it easy. If you have any trouble just come back and we will help you. Just take a look at your current ports you have now for reference in case you are using something that is not default.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Bob,

Just adding to what Rich noted ...

Be sure to read the Release Notes carefully at: Help / About / Release Notes

And this link on the Forum: https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php?t=8260

And (probably best help) will be to download the latest User Guide at: Help / User Guide / English (force update)

After a brief wait the latest U.G. will open in the PDF viewer of your choice. Save that document to your local hard drive to easy access. Also you should be checking for U.G. at least once a month. Date of the U.G. is on the cover page.

Once you have the U.G. the JT Programs integration starts on Page 217.

You will get there. A lot of changes with predefined configurations to make it easier for the OM.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
F6FLU
Old Man

Post by F6FLU »

Hello
Of course I have a lot of questions about this...

it is probably very clear for you but quite explicit for us here

so I rest my questions if you want to detail exactly what it does:

1) decide if you want to update data using external sources (USE_EXTERNAL_DATA)

==> if we want to modify the information received in the adif frame by the information found by Log4om ?

2) decide if you want to update GRIDSQUARE (UPDATE_GRIDSQUARE)
who updates what? to check if you don't want to take the gridsquare contained in the frame but take the gridsquare found by Log4om?

3) decide if you want to UPLOAD QSO to external sources (UPLOAD_QSO)

but if we have already checked the automatic uploads in the preferences of Log4om we do not need this option?

4) decide if you want to update CQ values (UPDATE_CQ_ITUZONE)
same question who update what?
do we overwrite the value of the CQ or ITU zone contained in the frame received by those found by Log4om?

5) decide if you want to save a QSO through JT message (ex message12 option)
that I don't know never used message 12 and I don't understand what it's for
thank you in advance if you want to specify a lot of French OM thank you...
Dan - F6FLU
Log4OM V2.32.1.0 - Windows 11 - i9-11900K - SSD 512Go - 32 Go
FTdx101D - Hexbeam - Wired dipole 40-30M
https://F6FLU.org
kf3by
New user

Post by kf3by »

Thanks guys! I’ll give it a shot!
~Bob
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

I can answer of couple of those I think :) If not, Lele or Terry can correct me.

The reason we did this was because the incoming streams vary greatly in type of data and accuracy. As an example, we should be able to assume the grid square from WSJT is accurate as the station is specifying it in his message.

F6FLU wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 12:30 1) decide if you want to update data using external sources (USE_EXTERNAL_DATA)

==> if we want to modify the information received in the adif frame by the information found by Log4om ?
Yes, the data from your external lookup.

F6FLU wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 12:30 2) decide if you want to update GRIDSQUARE (UPDATE_GRIDSQUARE)
As I said above, grid square with certain incoming streams is accurate and some not as much. The preset for WSJT and JTalert turns this off. Because again we assume this grid to be correct. But in other streams you might have more confidence in Log4OM correcting the grid.

F6FLU wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 12:30 3) decide if you want to UPLOAD QSO to external sources (UPLOAD_QSO)
Just more customization depending on your incoming stream. In most cases I would think you would want to automatically upload but if I had a contest logging program connected, I would not want to upload my contacts until the contest completed.

Log4om accepts MANY types of incoming connections for current software with more being developed every day. The "presets" should guide you for the common programs but you have the flexibility to customize as well.

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
F6FLU
Old Man

Post by F6FLU »

Hello
thank you very much Rich for taking the time to answer but obviously that does not solve the problems here
It's afternoon, we've been trying to make it work by keeping our environment, not yet successful but we keep hope :-)

I will open another Item so as not to mix up the subject
thanks again
Dan - F6FLU
Log4OM V2.32.1.0 - Windows 11 - i9-11900K - SSD 512Go - 32 Go
FTdx101D - Hexbeam - Wired dipole 40-30M
https://F6FLU.org