connections with version 2.27

F6FLU
Old Man

Re: connections with version 2.27

Post by F6FLU »

Hello
Yes I tried but it does not work in JT_Message
In your case it's not the same it's GT which sends the frame to Log4OM me it's JTAlert ..

But I think I understand, I have to look a little more

In fact, in the JTDX Log window, we sometimes have the Gridlocator in 4 characters or in 6 characters, but if I look at the frame transmitted by JTAlert to Log4OM (because it is JTAlert that sends the frame to Log4OM) and of course it it is JTAlert which modifies the locator sent by JTDX by forcing it with 6 characters and therefore Log4OM only does well to copy what was sent to it

So the problem (for my case) is a JTAlert problem and not a Log4OM problem but I'm surprised no one else has seen this problem
So I'm going to look on the JTAlert side
THANKS
Dan - F6FLU
Log4OM V2.32.1.0 - Windows 11 - i9-11900K - SSD 512Go - 32 Go
FTdx101D - Hexbeam - Wired dipole 40-30M
https://F6FLU.org
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Re: connections with version 2.27

Post by WA2SQQ »

I updated to v2.29, which required the UDP changes. Terry and the support team have attempted to assist me, with no success. It sounded easy, delete the old connections and recreate them. I work in the consumer electronics industry and I write operation manuals for digital cameras. I’m pretty good a reading between the lines, but honestly this part of the manual needs to be rewritten with a step by step procedure to make the changes. What I feared, came true this evening. I’m unable to log a QSO :-(

So many questions:
What’s the difference between Save & Save and Apply?
When you make a change, is a restart of all software mandatory?

I think I’m going to see if I can find someone who understands this remote into my PC and get it working. I often tell our customers, “if it’s not broken, don’t try to fix it”. I need to take my own advice.