Copy cluster merged note field info

ng7v
Advanced Class

Copy cluster merged note field info

Post by ng7v »

Hello,
========================= Update 4/3/23 ======================
I often make notes of information that appears in the cluster merged note in the Cluster window (F8) on the main screen.

I would like to be able to:

1) right-click on the note field to bring up the note window
2) right-click again on the new note window which would bring up a copy menu item whereby it would provide me the ability to save the note to my clipboard that I could paste into a comment field in my log.

There are other ways to do this but the end result would be to put the cluster merged note into the clipboard so I can paste the value in my log's note field.

Would this be possible to do?

Thank you!
Ron (NG7V)
ng7v
Advanced Class

Re: Copy cluster merged note field info

Post by ng7v »

UPDATE:

I discovered that right click on the cluster note field brings up a small form like described above but when I click ok it will copy the entire note field into the clipboard. Then, I go to my log entry in edit mode and paste the entire content of my clipboard entry. When doing that the comment field in the data entry form offers a way to scroll through the lines from the clipboard until I see the one I want to use and then save.

I guess that multi-line entries into the comment field of the QSO form does that by design.

This is definitely hidden feature of the logger app. For me, that is a good workaround.
Ron (NG7V)