Lost Config and Log

F5VJC
Novice Class

Lost Config and Log

Post by F5VJC »

I've been using LOG4OM for several years with no problem, recently however I have lost my Configuration and Log.
I followed the 'Emergency' procedure in the User Guide page 244 and copied my latest Config file

from C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2\

to C:\Users\USERS NAME\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2\

To restore a configuration.
• Copy the LATEST configuration backup file which is normally identified by the users call sign
followed by the date and time of the backup - e.g. G4POP_20200311_181527_config.json To the
C:\Users\USERS NAME\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2\user folder.
• Once the file is copied to that folder delete the existing config.json file and rename the backup file
to config.json all settings will be restored when Log4OM is next started.

I believe I have done this correctly, but still the prog starts requiring a complete setup.

I would appreciate any advice, thanks F5VJC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Lost Config and Log

Post by G4POP »

Sounds like you restarted Log4OM a few times and the json file you selected was created on one of thos restarts

Try using the json file from the Backup/historic folder
73 Terry G4POP
F5VJC
Novice Class

Post by F5VJC »

Thanks for reply.

I am trying your suggestion, however the same result.
The problem is every time I restart the prog it has saved last config which is in fact the first setup config and it starts again with this.
This is after deleting the previous version.
Is there a way to stop the saving of the setup config and using the historic config to start the prog?

F5VJC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Your clearly doing something wrong because if you copy the latest historic folder config.json Ensuring that the name is changed to JUST config.json (No date or call sign in front)

To the C:\Users\g4pop\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2\user folder and let it overwrite the existing file in that folder then the program will open using that folder.

Unless of course you installed log4om in some other location than the default?
73 Terry G4POP
F5VJC
Novice Class

Post by F5VJC »

Many many thanks Terry that fixed it!
I failed to rename the file to JUST config.json

73, Denis F5VJC
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Glad you figured it out. As Terry pointed out, Log4OM has many backups depending on your configuration and one of the easiest programs to setup again as long as you have access to the json files.

I have always been a fan of this design as there is nothing worse that setting up a complex program from scratch.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
vk3ev
New user

Post by vk3ev »

I am also experiencing similar issues with my copy of Log4OM2. After updating the keyboard driver on the laptop, I found that when I attempt to open Log4OM2, it comes up as a new installation with no station details, config info or log data.
As per the previous I have tried taking hte conifig backup file and placing it into the file specified but am not having any success.
Log4OM2 version 2.30.1.0, windows 10
Any help appreciated.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

what was the name of the file transfered including the . extension
73 Terry G4POP