CAT connection being lost

2E0IHR
New user

CAT connection being lost

Post by 2E0IHR »

Hi,
I've been using log4om for about 4 months now as my main logbook. I think the application is great, nicely laid out, intuitive and has all the features I need. The only slight problem I'm having is that the CAT connection seems to be lost periodically and once this happens the only way I can get the frequency data to show up again is by closing the application and opening it again. I've found that I have put contacts in the log with no frequency, I then have to tune up and down the band to try and find the same guy again so I can edit the contact adding the frequency, I've lost a contacts because the guy has gone off air. So I would be grateful to know if the CAT connection is lost how to get it to reconnect (going into the menu and selecting start CAT doesn't do this). It would also be really handy if when you inadvertently you try to add a contact to the log without frequency data a window would pop up with a warning message eg "you are trying to add a contact without frequency data do you wish to proceed? Then have buttons to select either add contact anyway or return to logging screen". Anyway would be very grateful if someone can help me out. Im using a Yaesu ft991 and a windows laptop and omnirig as the CAT software.

Many thanks,

Owen 2E0IHR