FT-710 Omnirig Cluster CAT Control on VFO-B

oe9shv
Novice Class

FT-710 Omnirig Cluster CAT Control on VFO-B

Post by oe9shv »

Hello,
I have recently changed my logprogram from HRD to Log4OM and I am quite happy with the change.
I could manage to connect my radio Yaesu FT-710 using the FT-DX10 Omnirig settings.

However I face one problem:
When I am in VFO-B and try to double click on a cluster entry, Log4OM takes the callsign data but does not send the selected frequency to the VFO-B band.
This procedure using the cluster, double click on the data entry line works well only when my radio is already active on VFO-A Band.
Also everything works just fine on VFO-B Band together with Log4OM as long as I do not use cluster.

My questions are:
1. Is there anybody who could manage to work with the cluster on a FT-710 connecting to the right frequency on VFO-B band?
2. Would normally Log4OM or OMNIRIG support this procedure using cluster data on VFO-B band?
3. Any ideas how I could overcome this problem? I believe the reason might be Omnirig does not directly well support FT-710 yet? Or are there settings which I have to edit?

Omnirig and CAT interfaces are on: 38400 bps, poll int. from 500 changed to 100 ms.

My versions:
WIN 10, Windows driver from Yaesu for the radio Version March 2023;
Log4OM 2.27.1.0
Omnirig V 1.20

73 de Harry, OE9SHV