Correct error on RXFreq and RXBand for most qsos in log

NZ5Y
Novice Class

Correct error on RXFreq and RXBand for most qsos in log

Post by NZ5Y »

I have entered about 140 or so qsos. And I've selected freq on most, with a few only having BAND and the Freq is 0. But the bigger problem is I have selected BAND and mostly FREQ and just assumed (I know, bad idea) that the RXFreq amd RXBand would default to the same thing. Then I saw most of my LOTW uploads show Band as CROSS. Back to Log4OM, it appears the receive band is wrong on many of these (don't know how this is happening) and the RX Freq is 0. So my question is how do I fix this now (if there's a way to not go into each record individually that'd be great), and what am I doing wrong? Do I have to enter both bands and both frequencies every qso? And when I get my log fixed do I just reupload all of them to LOTW?
KA4CDN
Old Man

Re: Correct error on RXFreq and RXBand for most qsos in log

Post by KA4CDN »

This is interesting ....

I went and looked and I too have many QSO as you describe.

I think you would need to use the Utilities->QSO Manager to make the changes you want.

I believe I know how to fix the Band problem but not sure about the Freq problem. Someone more versed in raw SQL will need to chime in.

For the Band, make a filter such as:
band filter.png
band filter.png (19.44 KiB) Viewed 345 times
Then sort by Band and Select all QSO with the same Band (10m for example). [Or you could set the Filter above to only grab a single band by adding "and band = '10m'"].

After selecting only a single Band, use the button "Single field update" to make all the BandRx to the selected value (example here is 10m).

For the Freq problem I believe the button 'Direct SQL' must be used and then the proper SQL statement provided. Someone more familiar with the log and table names will have to help here.

To the question "Why are they not the same?" .... Not sure. I think I can see many of mine have RX band and frequency blank are due to the fact that I most likely imported from a contest logger's exported ADIF file. LoTW doesn't seem to mind that in so far as QSL matching. I can see that I've gotten many LoTW confirms for those.

On the handful I've got that RX doesn't match TX I believe I'd manually entered the QSO.

Are you using CAT control?

In the end, in so far as LoTW, I'd suggest you not worry about it since matches seem to work. I'm not going to worry about it, even though you've now let me know I've got an issue hi hi.

Good luck,
Mike