loading database

WD9INA
Novice Class

loading database

Post by WD9INA »

I have 2 configurations, WD9INA log and WD9INA Camper. The database for WD9INA log works. WD9INA Camper will not load even though it says the connection is successful I get nothing in the "recent qso's (F7) window. The database was loading earlier and then I was trying some stuff and it dissappeared. I have followed the procedure in the manual but with no results. There are not a lot of qso's in the database but I don't want to lose them.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: loading database

Post by KI5IO »

WD9INA wrote: 22 May 2023, 16:03 I have 2 configurations, WD9INA log and WD9INA Camper. The database for WD9INA log works. WD9INA Camper will not load even though it says the connection is successful I get nothing in the "recent qso's (F7) window. The database was loading earlier and then I was trying some stuff and it dissappeared. I have followed the procedure in the manual but with no results. There are not a lot of qso's in the database but I don't want to lose them.
Marvin,

My best suggestion would be to look in the folders you have chosen to save your backups in.

Assuming you are saving backups with the regular 'adi' extension you will have folder(s) ... possibly two different folders due to having two configurations. You will have a list of files with the "adi" extension and "json" extension.

Backups are done as "pairs" ... the "adi" and "json" files.

There is also a Historic folder created in your backup file folder and that will have more legacy backups located there as well.

Use your local PD's File Manager to find those folders and do some searching in that fashion as well.

During your time of 'trying stuff' you might have renamed the files and/or accidentally deleted them. In the delete possibility take a look in your Desktop Recycle Bin to see if something may have ended up there.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
WD9INA
Novice Class

Re: loading database

Post by WD9INA »

I did find a WD9INA file in the recycle bin. I did a restore on it but there is nothing in the file. I must have deleted its contents. I only had about 20 contacts so will have to try and rebuild the file from eqsl or something. thanks for your help. can close this out.