EDIT USERS INFORMTION

AH6TX
Advanced Class

EDIT USERS INFORMTION

Post by AH6TX »

On the main screen there is a place for Radios and Antenna's. I have made some changes and cannot figure out where to go to edit this information I have found this to be true in other areas where I would like to make edits. Please advise how to do so.

Thanks

Howard
ah6tx
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: EDIT USERS INFORMTION

Post by KI5IO »

AH6TX wrote: 24 May 2023, 18:14 On the main screen there is a place for Radios and Antenna's. I have made some changes and cannot figure out where to go to edit this information I have found this to be true in other areas where I would like to make edits. Please advise how to do so.

Thanks

Howard
ah6tx
Howard,

Go to: Settings / Configuration / Station Configuration

Attachments
config-station.JPG
config-station.JPG (68.36 KiB) Viewed 422 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
AH6TX
Advanced Class

Post by AH6TX »

Thanks for your help. I went to the station configuration and figured out how to remove what was there.

When I entered the radio selection it had me enter different radios on different entries. ie: First radio: Flex 6500
line 2: Flex Power Genus XL. The problem is when you go to the main screen you can only select one of the radios.

When I attempted to select Antennas I was told to enter them under radio's which I did but they don't show up under antennas on the main screen.

When I attempted to select bands the same message, enter them under Radio. So the same results.
Not sure why these problems exist. Please advise

Thanks

Howard
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

AH6TX wrote: 28 May 2023, 21:33 Thanks for your help. I went to the station configuration and figured out how to remove what was there.

When I entered the radio selection it had me enter different radios on different entries. ie: First radio: Flex 6500
line 2: Flex Power Genus XL. The problem is when you go to the main screen you can only select one of the radios.

When I attempted to select Antennas I was told to enter them under radio's which I did but they don't show up under antennas on the main screen.

When I attempted to select bands the same message, enter them under Radio. So the same results.
Not sure why these problems exist. Please advise

Thanks

Howard
Howard,

The Station Configuration panel works just fine. You are not entering the data properly. Have you looked in the most recent User Guide on Page 188 under the Title/Label: Station Configuration ???

You can get the latest User Guide at: Help / User Guide / English (force update) ... after a span of time the U.G. will open on your computer in your preferred PDF viewer. I would then be sure to save that U.G. to your local computer for quicker access. I would also strongly recommend that you check for an updated User Guide at least once each month if not more often. Terry is always making changes to the U.G. as Lele is always updating Log4OM.

Explanation is located there and there are good prompts when at the Station Configuration panel to help you along

Once you add items / make changes you have to save them as well.

I added a Test Radio and Test Antenna and added some bands under that new Test Radio & Antenna.

So ... it is back to you not doing things properly. The program is not broken or not working as it is supposed to.

See my images below of the radio/antenna/bands I added in my Station Configuration. I've also added screen clips indicating the Test Radio and Antenna do show up in the Main UI under the My (F4) tab.

Attachments
Stationconfig-ki5io-test.JPG
Stationconfig-ki5io-test.JPG (72.47 KiB) Viewed 390 times
MyF4-test.JPG
MyF4-test.JPG (42.67 KiB) Viewed 390 times
MyF4-k3.JPG
MyF4-k3.JPG (36.92 KiB) Viewed 390 times
Plano, TX
AH6TX
Advanced Class

Post by AH6TX »

Thanks again. I agree I need to understand the user manual, before bothering you guys. I now understand what to do and I did it. I really enjoy your software and have promoted it to many Hams

Thanks again
Howard
AH6TX
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

AH6TX wrote: 29 May 2023, 17:27 Thanks again. I agree I need to understand the user manual, before bothering you guys. I now understand what to do and I did it. I really enjoy your software and have promoted it to many Hams

Thanks again
Howard
AH6TX
Howard,

Tnx for your persistence and followup.

No worries as there are many, many things in Log4OM and we all use them differently.
Plano, TX