New to Log4OM, Love it, And 2 Requests

WB0QPO
New user

New to Log4OM, Love it, And 2 Requests

Post by WB0QPO »

Hi,

I installed Log4OM a couple of days ago and I'm impressed. I'm seriously considering dropping my other logging application. Great job!

I do have a couple of requests though...

1. Can you provide an option to set the justification (left|center|right) on the table columns? (It would be nice to have for the logbook table and the spotting table)
2. For the bandmap...can you provide an option that shows the complete band extent and a moving tuning cursor? i.e. scale-to-fit the selected band within the window. Thereafter, tuning moves the cursor.

Thanks!
Alan, WB0QPO
CT1BXX
Old Man

Re: New to Log4OM, Love it, And 2 Requests

Post by CT1BXX »

Hello Alan,

Log4OM is an excellent logbook, I use for long time. I am glad you like. :D

About point 1 , I do agree with you, it would be very intersting.

About point 2, have you tried the Scale, you can choose the best value for your needs.
BandMapScale.jpg
BandMapScale.jpg (58.14 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
WB0QPO
New user

Post by WB0QPO »

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion(s).

Yes, I've tried the zoom. It is a nice feature, but to get a full band view there is some wasted display area that's not part of the band view. It would be very handy to have a full view, without the unused space.

I would like to insert an image here and discuss but I can't figure out how to insert an inline image and resize it.

Alan
CT1BXX
Old Man

Post by CT1BXX »

Alan
Perhaps the picture could help.
Load Pic.jpg
Load Pic.jpg (83.18 KiB) Viewed 1371 times
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Alan,

Have you tapped on: Connect / Band map ?? That will open an individual Band Map that you can size/re-size and position as you wish on your screen.

There is also an icon on the top right portion of the Main UI that will also open an individual Band Map that you can manipulate.

Each of these Band Maps can be locked via CAT to the rig's frequency and also all filters and more are available for each.

If you happen to leave/want that separate Band Map open all the time when you close and then re-open Log4OM it will remember where you last placed the Band Map window.

I've added an image from my installation. I have a smaller monitor and I also only have CW spots sent to Log4OM from my cluster ... thus no SSB, etc.. traffic shows up. I'm pretty much only a CW operator.

Attachments
bandmap2.JPG
bandmap2.JPG (87.82 KiB) Viewed 1347 times
bandmap.JPG
bandmap.JPG (75.07 KiB) Viewed 1347 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX