Self Care Information

General discussions V2
PG5FRL
Novice Class

Self Care Information

Post by PG5FRL »

Hello everyone,

Why are all my passwords, usernames, uploadcodes and QTH usernames visibel in plain text in the Self Care Information? Everyone can reveal them with just 2 mouseclicks and store them in a txt file with just one mouseclick more.
I can't think of any good reason why they should be there and it is just a security risk.

73 de Storm (PG5FRL)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Self Care Information

Post by G4POP »

They are there as a private aide memoire for the owner, if you choose to share it with others that's up to you but it's intended to be 'For your eyes only'
73 Terry G4POP
PG5FRL
Novice Class

Post by PG5FRL »

Hello Terry,

Thanks for your answer. Pitty, it is for me a no go. I'm often in a situation where I share my equipment, special call and log during an activity. I won't take the risk that anyone can obtain this information so easy.

I wish you and the team good luck with Log4OM (don't get me wrong, I do like the software), but it is just not for me.

73, Storm (PG5FRL / PG6PEACE)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

PG5FRL wrote: 20 Jun 2023, 19:10 Hello Terry,

Thanks for your answer. Pitty, it is for me a no go. I'm often in a situation where I share my equipment, special call and log during an activity. I won't take the risk that anyone can obtain this information so easy.

I wish you and the team good luck with Log4OM (don't get me wrong, I do like the software), but it is just not for me.

In your case it would perhaps call for password protecting the document or providing a user choice to not generate it, will see what we can do
73 Terry G4POP
PG5FRL
Novice Class

Post by PG5FRL »

Hello Terry,

I will follow the forums, if there is a change I will be happy to use Log4OM again. I'm aware that I'm the only one having trouble with it atm. I guess there are lots of suggestions around that benefits more users!

Have a nice evening