FFMA - Fred Fish Memorial Award

Update and distribution of news relating to awards

Moderator: OE6CLD

OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

FFMA - Fred Fish Memorial Award

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi all,

A first version of the FFMA has been uploaded. This version only recognizes stations located in the US (which should work fort 99% of the stations). If someone can tell me, which grids are also valid from Mexico or Canada, I can easily update the award (without anything lost). Only /mm stations will never work, because they are not valid for any DXCC.

Claus
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ
WT0DX
Advanced Class

Re: FFMA - Fred Fish Memorial Award

Post by WT0DX »

Hi Claus, while it's possible to generate a list of grids for Canada and Mexico (apparently that's not readily available)... can you just remove any country restriction from the list of 488 grids? Since I don't know how the award is "coded", this may not be a reasonable idea - but I thought I should ask the question.

73 Bill WT0DX
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

Bill is right. No need to separate other countries. As long as the operation is from one of the FFMA grids, it is acceptable. Also, any water-based operation from a FFMA grid is good. Here is a quote from the FFMA rules:

4. General Rules

(a) No contacts through active repeaters or satellites are permitted.

(b) Contacts with aeronautical mobiles (in the air) do NOT count.

(c) Any portion of an FFMA grid may be worked for FFMA credit. It is not necessary for an FFMA operation to be on US soil; operations from Canadian or Mexican territory or from water within an FFMA-required grid are acceptable.

Jim N6VH
WT0DX
Advanced Class

Post by WT0DX »

With the assistance of Nolan KI5IO and Claus OE6CLD, the award has been updated to include the Canadian and Mexican grids. It's great to be able to see my progress towards FFMA, and in particular the grids I have worked but don't yet have a verification for.

73 Bill WT0DX