Quick Callsign Filter

m0eas
Novice Class

Quick Callsign Filter

Post by m0eas »

Is it possible to add a callsign quick filter in the header that filters recent QSOs. If I want to quickly check if I have contacted someone before, I currently have to populate the main callsign screen then have to open the worked before screen and then click the red cross to cancel.
If there was an independent filter box say to the right of the F11 weather tab or as a operator selection in each field heading , I could query without using the call callsign screen
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Quick Callsign Filter

Post by KI5IO »

m0eas wrote: 16 May 2023, 16:53 Is it possible to add a callsign quick filter in the header that filters recent QSOs. If I want to quickly check if I have contacted someone before, I currently have to populate the main callsign screen then have to open the worked before screen and then click the red cross to cancel.
If there was an independent filter box say to the right of the F11 weather tab or as a operator selection in each field heading , I could query without using the call callsign screen
Phil,

Might be a worthy consideration.

In the meantime give this a thought ... I have the Main UI open and I also keep a WB4 panel (from View / Worked Before) below the Main UI.

I'll do many callsign lookups either manual entry or from band map or cluster and can immediately see the calls with that OM in the WB4 panel. That same data is also available in the F10 Tab, but I like to have it on my eyes in a heartbeat.

Once I see what I might need I'll simply tap the ESC key on my keyboard and the callsign in the Main UI is removed along with all the data. The ESC key tap does the same as the Red X.

Attachments
almostfullscreen-large.JPG
almostfullscreen-large.JPG (195.43 KiB) Viewed 5882 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
m0eas
Novice Class

Post by m0eas »

Thanks Nolan for the suggestion. I see your point but the I still have to cancel the call afterwards.
There are many times when in SP mode that I just to quick enter a call on the reverse beacon network and see if I have worked them before. I may do this multiple times before deciding to make a call

Ideally a separate filter could be added independently of the main filter leaving the main callsign just for contacts you want to contact and one that doesn't require a long swipe to the red cross on the right hand side (which is a long way on a larger monitor) e.g type call and enter to filter, overtype and enter to refresh or blank out to clear the filter.

Filter box could sit to the right of the F11 box:
Screenshot 2023-05-21 104553.png
Screenshot 2023-05-21 104553.png (107.12 KiB) Viewed 5842 times
KB7WHO
Novice Class

Post by KB7WHO »

I would like to have this feature as well.

Ken KB7WHO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

m0eas wrote: 21 May 2023, 09:47 one that doesn't require a long swipe to the red cross on the right hand side (which is a long way on a larger monitor) e.g type call and enter to filter, overtype and enter to refresh or blank out to clear the filter.
Just click the Esc key and it clears all as Nolan already suggested

Enter the call

Look at WB4

Worked the guy so click Esc

Not any more effort than what you request
73 Terry G4POP