After upgrade to 2.29. there is no automatic info logging and QSO uploading

V2 error reports
ha5nx
Novice Class

After upgrade to 2.29. there is no automatic info logging and QSO uploading

Post by ha5nx »

Dear All,

Few days ago I upgraded to version 2.29 – from 2.25 I believe – and since that I have two problems:

After finishing the QSO, the data of the other party – like name, address… - is not saved automatically.
If I select those QSOs in “QSO manager” and chose “update info” than the program downloads these data and saves. But it is not happening automatically after each QSO like before.

After finishing the QSO, the program does not upload it to QRZ and EQSL altought the option is still marked in the settings.
The upload to LoTW when I close the program works fine.
The manual upload of the QSOs to all platforms via “QSL manager” works fine.

Any idea?
(Generally I havent changed any setting, just upgraded the program and these thinks were wotking before the upgrade.)

Thanks
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: After upgrade to 2.29. there is no automatic info logging and QSO uploading

Post by KI5IO »

Gabor,

Scan the Release Notes. There was a major change in the program dealing with the UDP Inbound connections with V 2.27.0.0

The Release Notes and at many posts on the Forum and in the User Guide all stated that the current (IE: old/existing) UDP connections needed to be "deleted" and the OM had to set up new UDP Inbound connections.

This to make things properly work with those 3rd party APPs.

Make note of your current port numbers as you will use the same ones with the new UDP Inbound connections you set up.

You cannot simply modify the existing (IE: old) UDP Inbound connections. They need to be deleted, then build new ones and you will be good to go.

Take some time to review the Release Notes (back to ~ V2.27.0.0) as well as the User Guide.

There are a number of options you can select from inside the predefined UDP Connections as well.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
ha5nx
Novice Class

Re: After upgrade to 2.29. there is no automatic info logging and QSO uploading

Post by ha5nx »

Dear Nolan,

Thanks for your help, now it works.

MNI 73
Gábor