New user

METAR

Post by hb9tih »

metar. weather has not been working for a few days now
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: METAR

Post by KI5IO »

hb9tih wrote: 04 Nov 2023, 19:34 metar. weather has not been working for a few days now
Was broke a while back when the providing government service changed their codes.

Has been repaired and is working in the new Beta release.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
HS0ZQG
Novice Class

Post by HS0ZQG »

Hi Nolan
I have searched and read you post regarding the weather engine and are aware its been down for some time however you mentioned its been fixed in the current Beta version ? I'am running V 2.29.0.0. , what is the current beta version to download in order to get this happening ?
I'am somewhat confused as the version 2.29.0.0 in Local weather tab ..it has enable weather engine ticked to the nearest METAR station and strangely both METAR support & TAF support are green and available BUT in the Weather data it indicates weather data NOT AVAILABLE / READABLE ??
Anyway I could try the Beta version you're referring to.... but I hate downloading Beta on a wind and pray ... especially when I don't know what beta version to download
Regards
Russell E21AZ ..HS0ZQG
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Russell,

Well if you look at the Log4OM website 'download' page you will see the Beta version there ready to be downloaded.

Click here: https://www.log4om.com/download/ V 2.29.0.2 Beta

This Beta release is quite mature as we've been testing it internally with the Alpha & Beta Support Teams since this past late August and into September. It was made available for 'general' release on October 29, 2023.

The decision is yours if you want to d/l and install. If you are so reluctant to do so I'm not able to help you further at this time.

However this new release does have the WX item resolved.
Plano, TX
HS0ZQG
Novice Class

Post by HS0ZQG »

Nolan

Thanks for the link I did download it and YES it now works , the only problem now is , Iam getting a splash message saying " a new RELEASE! .. "" Log4OM 2 version 2.29.0.0 is available for download "" keeps appearing ???
I did have that version before downloading this new Beta version V 2.29.0.2 Beta... is there a bug or am I not doing something correctly ?

regards
Russell
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

HS0ZQG wrote: 09 Nov 2023, 11:34 Nolan

Thanks for the link I did download it and YES it now works , the only problem now is , Iam getting a splash message saying " a new RELEASE! .. "" Log4OM 2 version 2.29.0.0 is available for download "" keeps appearing ???
I did have that version before downloading this new Beta version V 2.29.0.2 Beta... is there a bug or am I not doing something correctly ?

regards
Russell
Russell,

That is what happens with Beta releases until Lele removes that status.

You can always easily note which version you have installed by looking at the top left corner of your Main UI.

Also ... You can go to: Settings / Configuration / Program Settings and then "un-tic" the two upper boxes to check for program updates.

An easy way to turn off the "nag" messages.
Plano, TX
HS0ZQG
Novice Class

Post by HS0ZQG »

Nolan
Your knowledge is greatly appreciated , everything you have helped me with over the past 7 days has resolved all my issue , Thankyou so much

Regards
Russell E21AZ HS0ZQG VK3EZ M5DXX