Repeaters and non-CAT devices

sp9vik
New user

Repeaters and non-CAT devices

Post by sp9vik »

Hello everyone,

LOG4OM has everything I need for HF logging on my Xiegu G90, but when I work on 2m and 70cm bands on my non-CAT radio, I find it really frustrating to type frequencies for each QSO when I jump from one repeater to another.

I think that enhancing "Memory reminder" would solve the problem if you added an alternative mode for this feature. If the CAT interface is not connected (or is not working), double clicking on entries in the "Memory reminder" should populate the Tx Freq field in the QSO entry window, as well as band/mode etc. depending on the frequency.

Another issue I'm having is a minor one and not related to the case above, and it can be solved by various workarounds. Anyway, I'm mentioning it just to let you know. There's a shortcut key for freezing QSO timer, which is the "Pause" button. However, many laptops (including my ThinkPad T42 Gen2) don't have this key any more.

73 de SP9VIK, all the best!
G8FXC
New user

Re: Repeaters and non-CAT devices

Post by G8FXC »

Can I add my support for this suggestion? I've recently swapped my FT-991A which was only really used for repeater chats for an FTM500 which does not expose any CAT interface...

Martin (G8FXC)