New to Log4OM with Flex 6600 no VFO connection..

n2jxl
New user

New to Log4OM with Flex 6600 no VFO connection..

Post by n2jxl »

All,

I have narrowed my choice of logging software between N3FPJ's Amateur Call Log and Log4OM.. I really like L4OM interface and its features, but I simply cannot get a VFO (or both) to work via Hamlib..
I am using Log4OM 2 v2.30, SmartSDR v3.5.9, and the latest Slicemaster. I have tried replacing the Hamlib (C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2\hamlib) binaries with 4.5.5 and the latest 4.6, but no joy..

I can get the VFO to periodically display a large "0.000", but I've not been able to make VFO's work without Omnirig (I'd really like to not use yet another piece of "glue-ware")..

Does anyone have a concise, definitive configuration that works with a Flex 6600?
N3FPJ just works.. I'd really like to use Log4OM, but this issue may force me elsewhere..

Guidance is much appreciated!

Steve N2JXL
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: New to Log4OM with Flex 6600 no VFO connection..

Post by G4POP »

I got rid of my Flexradios so cant test but as far as I recall I used the network connection in Hamlib for CAT control, perhaps a current Flex user can advise
73 Terry G4POP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Steve,

There is a lot of information using Flex and Log4OM starting on Page 210 of the "current" User Guide.

Dunno if that information will address your questions specifically, but take a look.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
n2jxl
New user

Post by n2jxl »

All,

I appreciate the responses to this thread, however I was not able to make LOG4OM run as consistently as I'd like with my Flex6600..
One in four executable starts resulted in some issue with CAT VFO control/status. When CAT was working, I was able to click on a bandmap SPOT and tune the Flex VFO, however I was unsuccessful in getting a selected Panadapter SPOT to populate the QSO input box. It's also a bit frustrating that I need both FRstack and Slicemaster running to make SPOTS and the VFO work when the Flex API, SmartCAT, and DAX are already natively available. It's just a tad more glue code than I like.

I really like the look and feel of LOG4OM, however it's just not Flex friendly.. Yet.
I'm going back to N3FJP for now, and when LOG4OM is a bit more Flex ready, I'll be there..

Steve