Frequency for Rig 2 not auto-copied to "Freq" fields

KI0ER
Novice Class

Frequency for Rig 2 not auto-copied to "Freq" fields

Post by KI0ER »

Log4OM2 Version 2.32.1.0

When I switch CAT to Omni-Rig Rig #2, the frequency is displayed correctly at the top of the main window (RX/TX) and comes from the rig I have attached (a QRP-Labs QMX). However, that displayed frequency never shows up below in the Freq and RX Freq fields that get recorded with my contact. The CAT control appears to be working correctly, it's just that the Log4OM2 won't copy the frequency down to the Freq fields.

I now have several contacts with a frequency of 0 KHz in my log since I didn't catch this bug until a bit later. When Log4OM2 is connected to Omni-Rig Rig #1 the frequency does show up, as it should, in the Freq and RX Freq field.

I've sent in a request or two for support on this issue, but it's never been resolved.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work properly? :?:

Thanks! 73.
Roy - KI0ER
Littleton, Colorado USA
KI0ER
Novice Class

Re: Frequency for Rig 2 not auto-copied to "Freq" fields

Post by KI0ER »

This appears to be a software bug! Can it be addressed?

This feature (auto copying the frequency displayed in CAT area down to "Freq" and "RX Freq" fields) works great when connected via Omni-Rig to Rig #1, but that auto-copy does not work at all when Omni-Rig is set to Rig #2.

This causes me, if I'm not careful, to record QSOs with a frequency of 0, which is not good.

Thanks!

de Roy, KI0ER
KI0ER
Novice Class

Re: Frequency for Rig 2 not auto-copied to "Freq" fields

Post by KI0ER »

So I tried a short experiment: I switched my rigs in Omni-Rig, so my "main" rig (Yaesu FT-DX10), which was Rig #1 is now set up in Omni-Rig as Rig #2, and my QRP-Labs QMX rig (set as a Kenwood TS-440 in Omni-Rig, which is the correct setting) is configured in OmniRig Rig #1.

The issue follows the QMX radio. So now when Log4OM has CAT control set to Omni-Rig Rig #2, the frequency from the CAT area of Log4OM is correctly copied down to the "Freq" and "RX Freq" fields.

However, the QMX set as Rig #1 in Omni-Rig does show it's frequency in the CAT area of Log4OM, but only sets a frequency of 0 in the "Freq" and "RX Freq" fields. So the issue follows the rig.

So, since Log4OM can read (and set) the frequency correctly on my QMX via the CAT window, why would it be loading a frequency of 0 into the QSO frequency fields? Strange!

One would think that Log4OM would simply get the frequency from the CAT area that's already loaded there, and copy it down to the QSO frequency fields. But that's apparently not how it works.

Any chance of help with this issue?

Thanks.

Roy - KI0ER
Littleton, CO USA