WSJTX-JTALERT-LOG4OM SETUP (ONE MORE TIME, PLEASE)

W4GHV
Advanced Class

WSJTX-JTALERT-LOG4OM SETUP (ONE MORE TIME, PLEASE)

Post by W4GHV »

I'm 84, please forgive me. I cannot find my setup guide for this! I remember creating it, but cannot find it!
The excellent info provided is WAY too complex, despite being complete. 50 years ago I could have followed it!

I introduced my headache by updating JTALERT to the latest version. It wanted the 127.0.0.1 changed to 224.0.0.1

Could someone provide screen capture of the essential pages, once and forever- I hope?
1. The Log4OM connections/configuration page
2. The WSJTX reporting page
3. The JTALERT Log4OM V2 page

I think that is all I need.

73, Bo W4GHV since '54
73, Bo W4GHV since '54
https://www.qrz.com/db/W4GHV
JA9HWD
Advanced Class

Re: WSJTX-JTALERT-LOG4OM SETUP (ONE MORE TIME, PLEASE)

Post by JA9HWD »

By chance, I received a request from Bo W4GHV, so I sent it to him. I thought about sending it here to share it with others, but I couldn't set up 7 attachments, so I decided against it.
73, Kiyo JA9HWD
W4GHV
Advanced Class

Post by W4GHV »

My thanks to the response from JA9HWD. It was IMPRESSIVE but much to complex for me.
However the graphic setup on his QRZ page seemed to solve the issue.

But I have one more question:
The setup in Connect #2 of the Log4OM on line docs, with the simple one step setup looks enticing. But the 3rd sketch has an error message and port 2234 instead of the 2235 in the previous figure. I'M ASSUMING IT SHOULD BE 2235.
It is very simple to understand! I love it. I'm trying it on a second computer using 2235 in both places to see what happens!
WHY SHOULD i PROGRESS TO THE SECOND STEP IF THE FIRST ONE WORKS?

P.S I learned (the hard way) that JTALERT does not like multiple copies of WSJTX, unless you give them special names.
73, Bo W4GHV since '54
73, Bo W4GHV since '54
https://www.qrz.com/db/W4GHV
JA9HWD
Advanced Class

Post by JA9HWD »

I'm using 2235 probably because I looked at the JTAlert help before the Log4OM guide. The port number depends on which apps are configured and in what order. In my case, I set up WSJT-X first, then JTAlert, then Log4OM. Check each number one by one and if they are different, match them with the number set in the previous app. If I do it this way, it will work even if the number is different from the manual.
However, I have not set up to receive log information from each app via UDP. Some problems occur when Log4OM writes to eQSL or LotW, so I do not define a UDP connection because I am using ADIF file monitoring instead of using UDP.
73, Kiyo JA9HWD