Cluster alerts problem

General discussions V2
sp8sn
Novice Class

Cluster alerts problem

Post by sp8sn »

Hallo. I have some ALERT problem.
New DXCC works ok, i.e. there is a sound signal and the mark in the DX Cluster list is red.
When I made a QSO with TX7W on one band, the alert disappeared.
It's OK, but I configured a new TX7W station call alert (screenshots link below).
Now I only hear the beep, but I don't see the marking on the DX Cluster list and there is no red alert box at the top next to the station sign (around Band, Grid, Name...).
It's the same with station 3G0YA. How to configure the alarm cluster for a given station, callsign, so that a signal appears and a red mark appears on the list?
Best 73 Robert SP8SN
http://tatoswinka.quickconnect.to/mo/sharing/yFzSbGeKA
73, Robert SP8SN
kq4aji
Novice Class

Re: Cluster alerts problem

Post by kq4aji »

Not sure of your exact set up but what I have found:
  • Cluster filtering can give different results from the Alerts
  • the integrated Band Map on the right side of the Main Screen has a Filter icon (file folder with magnifying glass)
  • clusters set up from the View menu that are free floating have "Show / Hide Info" button for filters
I have found that by selection the LOTW, QRZ etc , I can see what I need quickly
I have a dual screen set up with Log4OM on one (full screen) and 4 floating view clusters (free floating) at one per Band on another screen.

I hope I understood your issue and that this helps.
Thanks and God Bless,
Phillip KQ4AJI, 73
ICOM-7300 with a 40-20-15-10-6 Fan Dipole
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Re: Cluster alerts problem

Post by WA2SQQ »

I might be wrong but I think this is how it works (using the default settings)
When a new country that you never worked (on any band or mode) is spotted it is highlighted in RED.
The next time that country is spotted (on a new band or mode) it’s is spotted, but not in RED. It is highlighted in a color (I don’t recall what color) that corresponds to “worked” on another band or mode. Since all colors are user configurable, I suppose you could change all these alerts to RED.