USI: US Island Awards

Update and distribution of news relating to awards

Moderator: OE6CLD

KC2SKM
Novice Class

USI: US Island Awards

Post by KC2SKM »

I'm not sure why this award its not in the list,any bug? I hope they will add this award soon!!!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: USI: US Island Awards

Post by G4POP »

I dont think we have ever included that award in the default list.

If you have all of the data you can add it yourself or send the data to our awards manager Claus for possible inclusion in the future
73 Terry G4POP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

KC2SKM wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 12:33 I'm not sure why this award its not in the list,any bug? I hope they will add this award soon!!!
Billy,

And starting on Page 138 of the "current" User Guide has the information where you can add the award yourself to your installation.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KC2SKM
Novice Class

Post by KC2SKM »

KI5IO wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 15:02
KC2SKM wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 12:33 I'm not sure why this award its not in the list,any bug? I hope they will add this award soon!!!
Billy,

And starting on Page 138 of the "current" User Guide has the information where you can add the award yourself to your installation.
Nolan, Yes I understand what you mean, this work fine with IOTA,POTA,SOTA,etc,etc because "award reference" page 201 are all include as well; but the point is... USI award are not in the award reference list, thats why I did the question.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

KC2SKM wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 19:53
Billy,

Nolan, Yes I understand what you mean, this work fine with IOTA,POTA,SOTA,etc,etc because "award reference" page 201 are all include as well; but the point is... USI award are not in the award reference list, thats why I did the question.
Billy,

And ... both Terry and I have noted that YOU can add the US Islands award to your installation of Log4OM if you follow the steps outlined on Page 138 of our User Guide.

Your request to add a new award (US Islands) is the first time it has been asked. We're not all-knowing OMs who have knowledge of all the many awards available to OMs around the world.

Here is the URL for the US Islands Award: https://usislands.org/

I'm sure you are well aware of it. It does appear there is a text file there with granular data for each location.

You can use that data to assemble the award on your computer with Log4OM.

I will pass along to Claus for consideration, but it would be added to his rather extensive 'to do' list and I will not even try to predict when he could possibly get time to assemble the award and add to the Log4OM Award Library.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KC2SKM
Novice Class

Post by KC2SKM »

G4POP wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 14:45 I dont think we have ever included that award in the default list.

If you have all of the data you can add it yourself or send the data to our awards manager Claus for possible inclusion in the future
Ok, Terry..Thank you for your reply. I'll try get the data file from USI team if they give it to me then I'll try to add it by myself but I'll like you'll to add the main program so in that way everyone can use it as well. Same thing happened with canadian islands CIsA award but I'll be happy with USI for now.
KC2SKM
Novice Class

Post by KC2SKM »

KI5IO wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 20:20
KC2SKM wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 19:53
Billy,

Billy,

And ... both Terry and I have noted that YOU can add the US Islands award to your installation of Log4OM if you follow the steps outlined on Page 138 of our User Guide.

Your request to add a new award (US Islands) is the first time it has been asked. We're not all-knowing OMs who have knowledge of all the many awards available to OMs around the world.

Here is the URL for the US Islands Award: https://usislands.org/

I'm sure you are well aware of it. It does appear there is a text file there with granular data for each location.

You can use that data to assemble the award on your computer with Log4OM.

I will pass along to Claus for consideration, but it would be added to his rather extensive 'to do' list and I will not even try to predict when he could possibly get time to assemble the award and add to the Log4OM Award Library.

Thank you for the info. yes, I alredy do that, but not sure if I did properly, but I guess I'm in the right direction...Thank you! if you have the correct way lets my know.