Other Awards

Moderator: OE6CLD

VK3AWG
Advanced Class

Other Awards

Post by VK3AWG »

Hi guys. I am chasing the WAJA. Worked all JA prefectures. If I go to the Statistics and Awards then the Awards Tab and Others. I then scroll down and choose WAJA award. Should the software work out my status in the right hand box? I have tried clicking open and also refresh and it does nothing. I hope someone can enlighten me.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Other Awards

Post by G4POP »

As described on pages 146 and 147 of our user guide these special awards are derived from entries in the QSO Awards field, not from any data retrieved from QRZ etc - See below

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (84.42 KiB) Viewed 10023 times

These fields are normally completed by the user during the QSO but I guess your expecting them to be completed automatically from the lookup data? This is not the case because that information is not supplied for the ADIF QSO award field by any on line lookup service, its shown in the QTH field - Sometimes!

You could do a bulk edit in the QSO manager, having first selected all QSO entries for Japan, using the search parameters followed by a QSO update, then if your lucky you should have most of the prefectures listed in the QTH field to enable you to identify the correct QSO awards entry
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Just to prove it works OK if the data is present in the QSO awards field

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (46.92 KiB) Viewed 10023 times
73 Terry G4POP
VK3AWG
Advanced Class

Post by VK3AWG »

Thanks Terry that helped me. Trawling through 450 odd JAs now. LOL.