Import User config?

General discussions V2
WB8AM
Novice Class

Import User config?

Post by WB8AM »

Hello,

Is there a way to import a user configuration? I found the json file in the backup directory from my first PC and would like to use the exact same config in the new PC. Unfortunately I could not find a similar json file in the new one to overwrite.

Thanks!
73, Brian WB8AM
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Import User config?

Post by KI5IO »

Brian,

V2 has a completely different structure and database. All configuration elements must be entered in V2. In other words you cannot import the V1 configuration into V2.

Be sure to save an ADIF v3 of your log from Log4OM V1 and that is the file you will then import into your new log that you will create in V2.

Users Guide and Quick Start Guide have good steps on this.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
WB8AM
Novice Class

Post by WB8AM »

Thanks for your reply! I am going from V2 into V2 but with a new computer.

Very best,
Brian
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Brian,

The config.json should be in the same location from one computer to another - assuming both are V2 as you stated, unless one of the installations was for the portable version. For the portable version, the config.json file will be in a location under the program folder or drive where you installed it - example \Log4OM2_Portable\Config\User...

Hope that helps.

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
WB8AM
Novice Class

Post by WB8AM »

I think that got it, thank you!

Brian
WR3Y
Advanced Class

Post by WR3Y »

I think my config file is corrupt on one of my PCs. It does not upload to QRZ or show the QRZ data (my key is correct), doesn't log from Gridtracker, or to Hamqth or Clublog.. All backups go to the same Dropbox folder, but it doesn't update. Do I have to delete the config file? How do I import to the new one I create? Should it update from the Dropbox folder if they are named the same?

TU
WR3Y