Tallying DXCC totals

General discussions V2
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Tallying DXCC totals

Post by WA2SQQ »

So, I am quickly realizing that V2 is a far more powerful program than V1 was. On the downside, it seems that certain tasks are now a bit more difficult to perform. This is not a complaint, just an observation that is causing some confusion for me.

For example, in V1 if I wanted to see my worked / confirmed DXCC totals for 160m I’d go to the awards section, select DXCC and select the band / mode and the numbers show up in real time.

V2 seems that it now required more “filters” to be manually set each time.

I wish it was more obvious how to do this. Perhaps in the future we can define common reports as a macro. V2 seems to emulate Excel a lot, and I know it can be done in Excel.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Tallying DXCC totals

Post by G4POP »

WA2SQQ wrote: 03 Feb 2020, 15:48 So, I am quickly realizing that V2 is a far more powerful program than V1 was. On the downside, it seems that certain tasks are now a bit more difficult to perform. This is not a complaint, just an observation that is causing some confusion for me.

For example, in V1 if I wanted to see my worked / confirmed DXCC totals for 160m I’d go to the awards section, select DXCC and select the band / mode and the numbers show up in real time.

V2 seems that it now required more “filters” to be manually set each time.

I wish it was more obvious how to do this. Perhaps in the future we can define common reports as a macro. V2 seems to emulate Excel a lot, and I know it can be done in Excel.
Its simple

stats 1.jpg
stats 1.jpg (175.81 KiB) Viewed 3353 times
stats 2.jpg
stats 2.jpg (206.72 KiB) Viewed 3353 times
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Haven't found that screen yet - Need to try this. Thanks
I wish the manual explained this so clearly.
Much appreciated
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

WA2SQQ wrote: 03 Feb 2020, 15:57 Haven't found that screen yet - Need to try this. Thanks
I wish the manual explained this so clearly.
Much appreciated
Same images in user guide somewhere around page 79

Guide is searchable, so search for statistics etc
73 Terry G4POP
KI5BLU
Novice Class

Post by KI5BLU »

I haven't been able to find any totals for DXCC Challenge though? (V1 had that easily available).
The totals on the right side of the statistics view seem to be the total number of countries but
not challenge bandpoints. Setting the "predefined config" to "CHALLENGE" within the
leftmost tab (Award view) doesn't seem to help?
Thanks
Tom KI5BLU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KI5BLU wrote: 05 Mar 2020, 09:41 I haven't been able to find any totals for DXCC Challenge though? (V1 had that easily available).
The totals on the right side of the statistics view seem to be the total number of countries but
not challenge bandpoints. Setting the "predefined config" to "CHALLENGE" within the
leftmost tab (Award view) doesn't seem to help?
Thanks
Tom KI5BLU
No Chalenge award needs some work which we did not have time for before the launch
73 Terry G4POP
KI5BLU
Novice Class

Post by KI5BLU »

Thanks for the quick reply, makes sense, looking forward to seeing it in later versions then!
Thanks again
Tom KI5BLU