CLUSTER SPOTTING QUESTION/PROBLEM

General discussions V2
va3vf
Advanced Class

Re: CLUSTER SPOTTING QUESTION/PROBLEM

Post by va3vf »

I used to do that, still no joy. So I reset everything at the server, and set my filters in the program being used at the time.

SpotCollector has always worked regardless. Log4OM seems to be working now, after adding the SH/DX line. Coincidence, maybe? I don't know. Just another reference point.

I must mention again this issue is present only with FT8. The 'suspicion' is that Log4OM does not handle the 'avalanche' of spots very well.

For FT8, the RBN is a better choice, but I still cannot make that work properly. The number of FT8 spots there is greater than VE7CC.
NT6X wrote: 26 Feb 2020, 18:35 If you're using VE7CC as your node, it's best to log into VE7CC using the CC Cluster program (http://www.bcdxc.org/ve7cc/) and set your filters directly at the server level. Then log back into Log4OM and your filters are set the way you want them. There are many more filter option to suit your needs with only a few mouse clicks.
Ki4P
Novice Class

Post by Ki4P »

Thanks Rich. applied just the show/dx and started working better. was getting frustrated after using spot collector and getting more spots.
now if i could get it to upload to HRDLog, would be great
thanks again!
P.S. thanks to all that worked on this upgrade! love it
Richard KI4P
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Many of the spots reported in a normal cluster are dupe.
On every cluster you will see repeated spots as it's showing and sending ahead all spots received.
Log4OM is grouping spots that differs only notes and shows only the latest spot with notes collected from all received spots.
That is working per band / per mode so, in a specified band/mode you will only see ONE spot for the spotted callsign, never repeated.

This could be something to note when you see spots not "coming" into Log4OM.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH