.adi file shows up as pdf file?

kc9lif
Novice Class

.adi file shows up as pdf file?

Post by kc9lif »

Hi All,
This is probably not a LOG4OM2 problem, but I thought I would ask to see if anyone could help. I create and .adi file to upload to LoTW via sending it to TQSL. I inadvertently clicked on the .adi file and got the prompt as to which app should I use to open the file. I did not select any "app", but now it is always coming up pdf :oops: :( . I am not sure where I can go (although I know where WIN10 can go) to unhook .adi from pdf? Thanks, Kent
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: .adi file shows up as pdf file?

Post by KI5IO »

kc9lif wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 15:36 Hi All,
This is probably not a LOG4OM2 problem, but I thought I would ask to see if anyone could help. I create and .adi file to upload to LoTW via sending it to TQSL. I inadvertently clicked on the .adi file and got the prompt as to which app should I use to open the file. I did not select any "app", but now it is always coming up pdf :oops: :( . I am not sure where I can go (although I know where WIN10 can go) to unhook .adi from pdf? Thanks, Kent
Ken,

You noted the solution. Go into Windows 10 and "unhook" the .adi and .adif extensions from being associated and thus opened by the PDF routine.

Typically all .adi and .adif files can be opened by a text editor APP.

I also happen to have a free routine called ADIF Master that can open the .adi and .adif files. Pretty slick APP.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX