Exporting ADIF LotW confirmed item

General discussions V2
pa3djy
Advanced Class

Exporting ADIF LotW confirmed item

Post by pa3djy »

Dear reader(s)

I came across a strange thing when exporting an ADIF item.
With the old Log4OM version 1 a QSO, which has been downloaded and confirmed by LoTW,
was exported in ADIF as “LoTW_QSL_RCVD_:1>V”. I noticed that in Log4OM version 2 that
the same QSO was exported in Adif as “LoTW_QSL_RCVD_:>Y”.

Is there any reason to do this different ?, and can i change a setting in the Log4OM version 2program such that, when a QSO was confirmed in LoTW, the exported ADIF item is set to “V”?

Gerrit
PA3DJY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Exporting ADIF LotW confirmed item

Post by G4POP »

This is due to a change in the ADIF specifications and no you can't change it
73 Terry G4POP
pa3djy
Advanced Class

Post by pa3djy »

A little bit late response from this site Terry, sri.

Thanks for your reply.
There seems to be a different view from Clublog and Log4OMv2.
Log4OMv2 says in the manual, if a QSO is confirmed by LoTW then the status in the log is set to "V".
Michael from Clublog stated that a QSO in Clublog gets a "V" for valdated if the QSO is verified and awarded by the ARRL.
Otherwise the QSO stays confirmed in Clublog.

But all clear on your explanation.

Many thanks and stay safe.
Cu and 73's
Gerrit - PA3DJY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Gerrit
Yes Mike is correct and that is the way we DISPLAY it but the export to ADIF conforms to the ADIF standard as below

https://www.adif.org/310/ADIF_310.htm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (92.41 KiB) Viewed 2616 times

You will note that V is now for IMPORT ONLY

When a LOTW confirmation is received by LOTW and matched the received status Yes makes it instantly and automatically Verified
73 Terry G4POP
pa3djy
Advanced Class

Post by pa3djy »

Hi Terry,

Very clear explenation tnx!

Best regards.
73's
Gerrit - PA3DJY
vk3tu
New user

Post by vk3tu »

I don't usually like reviving old threads in forums but being relatively new to electronic logging ...
I recently uploaded a log from our radio club to Clublog from HRD. Clublog displays all of the QSOs that were confirmed via LoTW in blue with a 'V'. I checked the ADIF from the club's HRD log and those QSOs all have <LOTW_QSL_RCVD:1>V.
I use Log4OM from home and Clublog displays all the QSOs I have confirmed via LoTW in green with a 'C'. It also displays all my (unverified or unchecked) paper QSLs in the same way. In otherwords, there is no difference betrween an LoTW confirmed QSO and a paper QSL that hasn't been checked or verified. When I check the ADIF for those QSOs, it has <LOTW_QSL_RCVD:1>Y for the LoTW confirmed QSOs and <LOTW_QSL_RCVD:1>N and <QSL_RCVD:1>Y /QSL_RCVD_VIA:1>B for those that haven't been through LoTW.
Is there any explanation of what we're meant to see when logs are uploaded t Clublog?
Bert, VK3TU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

There is a difference between papaer and LOTW confirmations

With a Paper card to have it 'Verified' you must submit that card to a card checker for verification so until you do that it remains, QSL received status = Y because you only received it you have not had it verified!

With a LOTW confirmation the minute a match between your QSO and the other stations QSO is found in LOTW it is automatically 'Verified' so the confirmation status never goes to Yes it is an immediate submission without further action required. so LOTW received status = V
73 Terry G4POP