Previous QSO grid square lookup

m7oja
New user

Previous QSO grid square lookup

Post by m7oja »

Hello,
I have been amazed with how Log4OM v2 has helped me track my contacts over the past two months of amateur radio. I was thinking "how could it be even better?". There is one feature I think could make the life of "attention to detail" people like myself a whole lot easier!

Have you ever worked a station and their gridsquare shows as "IO91VL" as they haven't updated it in QRZ? Now, as you are collecting gridsquares, you visit one of the "maidenhead locator" websites to locate their square. Once you have found the square, you edit it in the log.

Now, this is where the feature would come in. Lets say you work the same station further down the line. The same thing would happen, and QRZ would load "IO91VL" as the grid square. I think Log4OM should recognise that the station has been worked previously (as it already does!), but instead of just showing "WORKED BAND/MODE", it should populate the new log with the previous square entered for that station. This means that you don't have to go through the bother of fixing an incorrect gridsquare more than once, and the software would seamlessly fill the (previously edited) gridsquare in for you. The program could even give the option when clicking on the "WORKED BAND/MODE" tab - it could say "Fill in previous gridsquare", and once pressed transfer the previous grid square to the new log.

There is nothing worse than looking on the gridsquare map and noticing a random gridsquare for an area you haven't worked - my suggestion could help reduce this and allow gridsquare logging to be more meaningfull.

Thank you for your time,

Oscar M7OJA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Previous QSO grid square lookup

Post by G4POP »

This would not work because of all of the portable operators of SOTA, POTA, WWFF
73 Terry G4POP