QSOs on 60M band

Need help? - Post here and we will find a solution for you.
NA5WH
Novice Class

QSOs on 60M band

Post by NA5WH »

Been doing a lot of QSL work recently, and noticed any time I enter a QSO that is on the 60m band, as soon as the qso opens, it drops the 60m from the drop down for "Band" (which I didnt realize until it had happened first few times) and so when you go to QSL info, change the status over there, and click "Save and exit" get the warning about "QSO Not Saved, check band/mode/callsign..." obviously going back and on QSO page, the band is missing of course.

This happened on 2.9 and I thought maybe it was updated so I updated to 2.13 but the behavior is still there. Doesn't matter if its an untouched QSO from original V1 Log_4_OM or one I just opened, corrected, saved, closed, and reopened. Any 60m band QSO drops the 60m immediately on opening.

Tried searching for "60m" but 3 letters isnt enough to search, and "60 meters" basically comes up with every conversation on the forum. So sorry if this is known already.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QSOs on 60M band

Post by G4POP »

NA5WH wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 15:09 as soon as the qso opens, it drops the 60m from the drop down for "Band" (which I didnt realize until it had happened first few times) and so when you go to QSL info, change the status over there, and click "Save and exit" get the warning about "QSO Not Saved, check band/mode/callsign..." obviously going back and on QSO page, the band is missing of course.

This happened on 2.9 and I thought maybe it was updated so I updated to 2.13 but the behavior is still there. Doesn't matter if its an untouched QSO from original V1 Log_4_OM or one I just opened, corrected, saved, closed, and reopened. Any 60m band QSO drops the 60m immediately on opening.

Well I just tried to replicate what you describe and it does not drop the band for me, and I have a lot of 60m QSO's

I must therefore suspect that you have a local issue, like...............

1. What bandplan are you using, should be region 2 - Look in the Program config/station info
2. Is the frequency of the qso within the allocations set in the bandplan
3. Have you at sometime modified the bandplan and saved it as a 'User' bandplan, if so rename the user bandplan and restart Log4OM so that it uses the default one.
4. In the Settings/Resource editor check the bandlist.txt file and ensure that you have 60m in the list, if not add it and save it
5. Have you unchecked 60M in the Program config/user preferences preferred bands - If unchecked then check and save the config
73 Terry G4POP